𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

Freddy insisted on carrying you back into the main atrium. It was the compromise that you came up with so that he didn't drag you right back down to the first aid tent in the basement. While he wouldn't tell you flat out what was wrong with you, you knew that you were experiencing something akin to radiation poisoning.

There was still music pumping through the speakers as you walked through the building. The kind that you never really noticed during the day because of all the talking and screaming and happy birthday singing. Your head was still throbbing and the smell of artificial meat wafting from El Chip's was not helping you recover at all.

You decided to channel your focus into creating a mental checklist of all the things you would need to do when you came in tomorrow. Clock in, start cleaning the hell out of Monty's dressing room, filing a wild variety of reports to HR about the animatronic conduct. But your thoughts derailed as soon as Freddy finally set you down in a dark corner of the atrium, keeping a steady hand on your elbow until he was sure that you could stand upright on your own.

"Where are we?" You asked. The only thing that stood out to you was a massive vent sitting open in the corner. But he couldn't expect you to willingly crawl into a vent for a second time tonight. Right?

"My Faz-Map tells me that there is a potential exit point on the other side of this ventilation shaft. You must crawl through in order to access it."

Of course.

"You want me to crawl through that...alone?"

"Yes!"

"Freddy!" You whined, stealing a glance into the daunting crawlspace. You were so done with the vents. D-o-n-e done. But Freddy had no way of knowing your newfound fear, so he only patted your head with an encouraging smile.

"You are so brave, superstar. I know you can do it."

You glared into the dark tunnel, suddenly wishing you'd taken the flashlight off the wall when you saw one hanging up in the daycare. "And you'll be in my ear the whole time?"

"Of course!"

Taking a deep breath, you reached down to double knot your skates for good luck. "Alright, I'm going," you grumbled, getting on your hands and knees before ducking into the small opening. When you turned around to send Freddy one last look, you noticed that he was turned away respectfully – glowing eyes fixated on a random point on the wall above the vent.

You were only a little confused before remembering what happened when you left Monty's room earlier. If any of the animatronics you worked with had even just an ounce of respect, it was Freddy.

The vents weren't nearly as bad as you expected. You had to pull your ears down so they didn't drag against the roof, but they were much roomier than the ducts that connected the dressing rooms on Rockstar Row. 

However, there was also a concerning clicking sound that seemed to follow you throughout the vents – like dozens of tiny feet dancing on a sheet of aluminum foil.

Before you could get the chance to investigate, the vent underneath your hand suddenly shifted and you found yourself sliding awkwardly down the slanted tunnel.

"Oh jeez, oh jeez, oh jeez," you chanted, grappling for anything to hold on to so you didn't burst straight through the grate that was very quickly approaching. How many times in one night could you turn an air duct into a slip n slide?

More than once apparently, because the vent spat you back out in a dark and unfamiliar corridor almost as soon as you started falling. It took you a moment to find your bearings again. Ever since the clock struck midnight, it felt like anything and everything in sight was trying to tear you to shreds.