02

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

JUVENILE.

𝗔𝗛 𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦, the time where students are released into a courtyard after lunch, left to fend for themselves for roughly an hour. 

What a wonderful time.

...For normal children.

Zero, our troubled four year old boy with social anxiety and insomnia, hated recess. Who could blame him? He didn't have many friends. And the few he had... well...

Ree had instead run off to follow her sister, then Yaki had her own things to do, namely stalking a boy named Murata around the courtyard. That unfortunately left poor little Zero alone, sitting on the ground while drawing in the dirt with a stick.

"Hm? Why are you drawing....eggs?" a small voice had questioned from behind the redhead.

 Zero turned to look over his shoulder, his expression blank. 

The girl hovered behind him, admiring his small, messy drawing. She adorned sandy purple colored hair, two cute little braids rolling over her shoulders, a pink heart hair clip holding up her bangs along with innocent, muted teal pigmented eyes. Her entire persona screamed curiosity and innocence.

"I had eggs for breakfast..." Zero mumbled, turning back to his drawing. She tilted her head, confusedly, pouting slightly. 

"Oh, okay! Can I join you?" the girl asked, already beginning to sit beside him.

The boy was too sleepy to argue.

She smiled, turning to face him, "Hi, I'm Yuna. You look really tired."

Zero boredly nodded. "I'm Zero... and yeah... I didn't sleep well last night..." The two went quiet after he spoke, the boy being a difficult one to keep a conversation with. 

Yuna pursed her lips, pondering other topics they could speak of. Well, her mother and father were married right? And they were best friends! She wanted to be best friends with someone!

"Hey. Wanna get married with me?" Yuna had chirped, smiling sweetly. Zero sputtered.

Why did this question keep coming up?!

Did these girls even know what getting married meant?!

"...What...?" Zero had dazedly replied, absolutely lost. Yuna's brows furrowed did he not want to be her friend?