The shot heard around the galaxy

STAR WARS
Tales of the universe

The shot heard around the galaxy
Prologue
          The universe hasn’t changed much at all, it’s been the same for the past thousand years. The names change but the story stays the same. Empire, First Order, The Final Order. It never changes, we always have a “Win” but it all comes full circle, 10 years later there's a new one and it all means nothing. So what if he starts the next one, if it weren't him it’d be someone else…so why do I hesitate..

    All i have to do is pull the trigger, boom, 50 million credits, and in this economy? He'd never have to bounty hunt again. It is an odd job, shoot at a certain direction at a certain time. It's too easy for so much money, but it's the result that's worth all the money, if he shoots that shot the war will start, and he knows who will win. The dictation. If he doesn’t do it itll start anyway, he might as well.

    Do it now before you change your mind.

    He pulls the trigger, the blaster heats up and he watches as the green volt shoots out and haplessly and harmlessly hits a tree. Neither side seemed to notice, or maybe they just didn’t care, that the color of the blast wasn’t the color of either side. Everyone waited.

1….2….3….4….5

    There it goes, the first shot, then the next, then the next and the next and the next and the next. Too many to count, hundreds of lasers firing flying through the air, trees burned, but so did bodies. Screams filled the air but they were hardly heard over the blaster fire.

    God. What have I done. The screams, the terrible screams. The galaxy will be under the control of another group. Again. And this time it’s my fault.

The man behind the nameless bounty hunter puts his hand on his shoulder, his face under the mask of the shadows, and the mask of his mask.

“ Good work son. Good work indeed.” he said boomingly. ”Your payment will all be on this card. Don’t spend it all in one place”,  He laughed a deep throaty laugh, but it was clearly forced. The hunter slowly walked away.

    “Keep it,” he said quietly but firmly, “No one shold benefit from what has happened, what has begun, today.”

    “Mmm…”

    The hunter walked away in silence, the night screeching with the screams of the fallen soldiers, and of the ones still standing. He walked slowly onto his ship with grief, strapped in, and zipped away with a screech. He’d make this right.

The End
Writer: Nathaniel Abbott
Concept: Nathaniel abbott
Art:
Team 1

Story Time Toddlers