Chapter one

I turned over and stretched as I woke up. I yawned and slowly sat up rubbing my eyes before looking at the time. "Oh fuck I woke up late this is not good" I said to myself as I quickly jumped up out of bed. I rushed to the bathroom brushing my hair and teeth as I quickly put on my Slyhterin robes. I grabbed my wand and my bag and ran out of my dorm rushing to the potions room. I burst into the room out of breath holding my stomach. "I'm so sorry for being late professor I overslept, my roommate didn't wake me up and my alarm broke the other day." I said breathlessly. He snarled slightly and looked at me "and you decide to burst into my classroom and disrupt my lesson? Detention at 8 PM after dinner. Don't be late, now go sit down and make yourself useful in brewing Amortentia, I would assume you studied well enough since we've been discussing making this potion all week." He said as he got closer to me. I got nervous as he got closer. I need to get my feelings under control it's not normal to feel this way for a professor, yet alone Professor Snape "oh um.. I'm sorry I didn't mean to disrupt your class and yes I studied this potion pretty well." I said before going to one of the tables setting my things down before going to the shelves to grab the ingredients I needed. I came back to the table and started to brew the potion. I've always excelled in potions but my grades have slipped a bit lately, it's hard to concentrate as I've only grown more and more attracted to the potions professor, I know it's wrong but I can't help it. I tried to focus on the Amortentia and after a bit I successfully brewed the potion so I raised my hand. Severus saw my hand and he slowly walked over "what is it Ms Fawn?" He said annoyed. "I finished my potion sir, and to my knowledge I did it correctly" he got closer and leaned over my shoulder looking at the potion. I felt my face heat up with how close he was. He stepped back and looked at me. "Well done Ms Fawn, 10 points to Slytherin for outstanding work, now I'd like you to smell the potion and tell me what you smell. It's different for everyone." He said as he put his hand on the table. I gulped nervously before slowly putting my nose up to the potion. "Can you step back all I smell is you.." I realised what I just said remembering Amortentia makes you smell what you desire most. I started shaking slightly and looked away. His eyes widened a bit and he didn't say anything for a couple of seconds before he stepped back. "Um.. try again Ms Fawn.." I looked at him for a second still heavily embarrassed. I stepped forward again and took a smell.. it's smelled like him once again, there was no point in trying to lie as I already let it slip "Parchment, old books, potions, cologne, coffee, and a slight hint of Whiskey.." I say softly as I look at the ground. He cleared his throat and nodded slightly. "We will talk about this incident during your detention.. now um put your potion into storage bottles and I'll put them away later.." he stated quietly before walking away. I put my face in my hands eternally screaming. I slowly sat back up and put my potion in the bottles he wanted. After I was done I sat down and put my head down on my arms. I hid my feelings for so long how could I be so fucking stupid?!? This isn't gonna turn out well at all. Draco came up beside me, he's been my bestfriend since we were little kids as our family's were close ."I wasn't trying to listen to your conversation but I heard everything, are you okay? I know you've liked him for about 2 years now.." he said softly as he put his hand on my shoulder. I sat up and looked at him "I'm okay just really embarrassed and scared for detention later.. how could I be so stupid." I say as I look at him with teary eyes. "Onyx darling, i promise it'll be okay. Besides, if he does anything stupid I can always get my father and he'll take care of it" he says snickering. "I don't think that'll be necessary he's probably just gonna yell at me or something.."