1

''Fuck this shit'' you exclaimed as you tossed your History notes away from you, crossed your arms on the table and put your head between them.

The exam was two months away, but you were stressing out already as you could not even grasp the main ideas of the subject.

''You need to relax a bit'' Mikasa muttered as she put her hand on your shoulder. ''You'll pass the exam, as always''

''Yeah! I don't get it either but you're smart so you'll master it soon enough'' added Eren, who was laying his head on her shoulder.

''Thank you, guys...'' You uttered, smiling. ''You're always so nice. But this is really making my head hurt''.

Your friends were supportive every time you had a crisis regarding college, and they didn't worry that much because, as Mikasa said, you always ended up passing the exams, you were that type of person. You studied a lot and got amazing grades. But that goddamn subject was making you question your mental capacity. It made you feel stupid and lowered your self esteem.

''If I don't pass this exam I swear I'm gonna unalive myself'' you said, and the couple laughed.

''You could ask Horse Face for help though'' suggested Eren. ''You know I can't stand him but I gotta admit that man's got a big brain''.

He was right. Jean Kirschtein was one of the best students you've ever shared classes with. He gets superlative marks on most subjects and all the professors like him. Not only that, but he is also stunning. Super tall, cute, intelligent... All the girls from Law drool over him and ask for his help with homework or exams just so they can get his attention, but you've never seen him actually dating any of them as he spent time with his friends only.

You wished you had those girls' determination when it came to talking to Jean. There was something about him that made you feel nervous, his presence was intimidating. You have shared small conversations in the past, you even caught him looking at you a couple of times but it was probably just by chance. Of course, those eye contact moments made your heart skip a beat.

''You're right. I should talk to him''. You nodded, although you didn't really consider doing so. ''Dunno if his brain is bigger than mine though''. Asking for help meant that you were not capable of comprehending it on your own, and your big ass ego wouldn't let you surrender to that. ''I have class now so I should get going'' you said as you got up from your chair.

''Good luck'' whispered Mikasa. ''See you later Y/N!'' said Eren happily as he waved his hand and held Mikasa by her waist with the other one. They should be getting to class with you, but for those love birds making out in the bathroom as the rest of the people were in class seemed far more interesting than History.

As always, you arrived to class and sat at the back of the classroom. Some other people had big friend groups, but you didn't have other friends at college apart from Mikasa and Eren and you had no intentions of changing that, college was not a place to mess around and chit chat. You were perfectly fine sitting alone and taking down notes as the professor spoke, even though History was not an interest of yours. You had to get a good mark on the exam, even if you had to spend countless nights reading and reviewing all over again. Your attention was fixed on her words, and there was nothing that could distract you from-

''Hey Y/N. Is this seat taken?''

You stopped taking notes and glanced up to see Jean with his hand on the chair next to you. He looked even taller from your point of view. His eyes roved over your body, quickly.