Cheater

summary: Sebastian has been married to the love of his life Victoria for about two years. They live in a small but noble suburb in a modern house. Sebastian is hiring you as a nanny to investigate his wife's secrets.

pairing: Sebastian Stan x fem!reader

word count: 2.4 k

warnings: cheating

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

"cheating doesn't start with sex, it starts with sneaky conversations"

Lies. That's all she can do, tell him lies. Sebastian didn't know where Victoria went yesterday. All he knew was that she had sneaked back into the house. Like he wouldn't notice. She usually never worked long, or was always on her phone. Lately, that had changed. She also took her phone everywhere as if she had something to hide. At first he had no reason to be suspicious, he was proud of his wife and that she could earn a bonus by hard work. Sebastian had voluntarily resigned from his job because of Liam, his young son. He had just turned three years old. The disciplined husband was able to work from home and at the same time take care of his son before he could go to a suitable daycare center. You were Sebastian's neighbor for six years. Five years ago Victoria joined and shortly after Liam was born. They were nice neighbors, even if you didn't get to see them that often. Victoria was on the move all the time, when she wasn't working, she was shopping or visiting her sister on the other side of town. You saw Sebastian playing with Liam in his yard or in the driveway when he washed his car. Mostly he did that shirtless or in a white tank top. Every woman in the adjoining houses wanted a piece of him, not excluding you. He was an incredibly attractive man. His wife was really lucky. But you never really exchanged more than a few words, except the day your husband cheated on you.

To this day, you couldn't remember how you got into your driveway without any damage. Your makeup was spread all the way down to your chin and your hands were tight on the steering wheel. A knock on your window ripped you out of your trance. Deep blue eyes looked at you. You hurriedly rub the mascara off your cheeks and let down the window. "Can I help you, Mr. Stan?" He leaned against your car and leaned down. "You look like you had a bad day." You laughed half-heartedly. "The neighborhood already knows, I guess." He nodded slowly. "Yes, I'm terribly sorry. My wife and I would like to invite you to dinner. We don't mind, and being alone on a day like this shouldn't be." You were very surprised by the offer, but you hid it pretty well under your face. "I'd like to freshen up a bit and then I'll gladly accept the invitation." He smiled and his white teeth flashed. He left you alone in your car and you took a deep breath. "Wow. I hate small towns." You took your things from the passenger seat and entered your house. Life was unfair, but you could also become an unfair player. In a matter of minutes, you'll storm through the house and pack your husband Patrick's things. All his clothes ended up in a big garbage bag and outside the door. You didn't pay attention to the expensive suits that shouldn't be wrinkled. Now you had nothing to lose. All the photos and all the jewelry he ever gave you, you throw into a big box. You took the roses and other bouquets from last week in both arms and ran to the trash can. Before the tears could get the upper hand again, you lit a match and made the flowers burn. Probably they were just gifts anyway because he was plagued by a bad conscience. After you also threw away his rest of his stuff lying around, you took a long shower. You should've seen the signs. Every time you smelled a different perfume on him or found lipstick scraps in his shirts. He talked himself out and blamed it on intrusive co-workers. But every time you visited his office, none of the women there wore such a perfume or that bright red lipstick. That suddenly changed when you called him this morning and a woman picked up the phone. He was supposed to stay at the office last night, working a night shift. The giggling and moaning female voice asking who was on the phone was confirmation of the lazy game he was playing with you.