Chapter 1

AUTHOR P.O.V.

Y/n giggled while playing with flowers. She scattered the fallen petals of the flowers and started making a flower crown. She was about to end making it, when her older sister, Yuxi came calling for her. Y/n turned around and smiled at her sister, But Yuxi gave her disgusted look at her. But Y/n didn't mind her, as she thinks that its her way of showing love. Although she is rude with her, but she still loves her.

"Lets go appa is calling for you." Y/n excitedly stood up, after hearing her. Its the first time when her appa was looking for her, or else he is really rude with her. He hates Y/n just because she isn't beautiful like Yuxi. Y/n isn't pale like others, which made him hate her, same goes for Yuxi. Only her Grandpa and eomma, loves and cares for her a lot.

Y/n excitedly ran back to her home. There she saw her appa, eomma and Yuxi with suitcase. She furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Are we going somewhere appa?"

" Yes, except you." her appa hissed in anger. The moment he looks at her, he feels like strangling her till death. He feels like Y/n is a curse. She is black, which made him hate her a lot.

"Why not me?? I also want to go." Y/n said innocently. She pouted her lips as if she was about to cry. Eomma immediately ran towards her and consoled her.

"We're going to Daegu for some business, baby. But unfortunately we can't take you with us. But don't worry Your Grandpa will take care of you. And you're going to Seoul with him. Aren't you happy?? Seoul was your dream place wasn't it?"

"Yes its my dream place, but I love you all and will miss you."

"Its not like we're dying." eye rolled Yuxi after commenting. Y/n widen her eyes.

"No no I never meant that." she said while looking down.

"Ok enough, we're leaving now. And you. You also get ready to leave with Grandpa." hissed his appa and grabbed the suitcase. Y/n hugged her eomma and bid her bye. She was about to go for her appa as well, but he ignored her and went out. Yuxi also did the same.

"Bye eomma, appa, Unnie. I'll miss you all." she waved, while smiling trying to hide her tears. She didn't wanted her parents and unnie to feel like she was crying. She didn't wanted to trouble them.

"Get ready child. We're leaving as well." said her grandpa. Y/n nodded her head and went inside her small room. She took out her suitcase and started filling it with her belonging. She doesn't possess much, so she was fast.

After packing their stuff they both went to the Station. After placing their bags above them, they sat on their seats. Y/n was looking out of the train. The retrieving trees, fields. She'll surely miss her hometown, Busan.

"Where are we going to stay Grandpa?" she asked excitedly.

"We're going to be living in a mansion. Not just a mansion, but a place." he said, making her excited.

"Wow, I'm excited. But how are we going to afford, that much." she said, as they aren't that rich. Her family is just a poor villagers, who are struggling to survive.

"We're going to work as maids and gardener in their, sweetie."

" You mean, we'll have to work. So you mean in exchange for living there, we'll work."

"Yes, my child. But yeah, remember this to never anger out masters. They are really rich people. So, I want you to be away from all kind of trouble."

"Ok, I will."

"Pinky promise." his grandpa, extended his pinky finger, while flashing his sweet smile. Y/n giggled and joined her pinky finger with his. Its their sweet way of talking.

"Pinky promise."

After some hours they reached to the station. They both grabbed their bags and came out. Y/n was all astonished to see cars, big buildings around her. It was so beautiful and new for her. Her grandpa, stopped a cab and they both sat inside.

After sometimes, the cab stopped infront of a big palace like mansion. Y/n mouth was hung low, seeing at it. It was as if a maze. She was now feeling so small infront of it. She felt scared to be around new people.

"Lets go." she nodded her followed her grandpa. They both came inside to be only welcomed by the maids. Y/n mouthed wow, seeing the interior. It was so beautiful.

"Wait here master will be coming soon." said one of the maid.

Soon they both could heard footsteps. Y/n turned to the direction and saw an elderly man, coming down stairs. He surely was looking almost 50 but his Physic was muscular. He looked so sophisticated and dominant. He had a dark aura around him. Mr. Kim looked at them, then his eyes landed on Y/n, which made him disgusted.

'Is she the girl whom lee sold to us to work as maid. God at least he should have chosen someone beautiful. She's not even beautiful. And is it her real skin, how can it be tan. Now I know why his dad sold her to us. As who would want to have a dirt like her in their live.'

"So, you're the new maid and you must be the new Gardener. Good. One of the maid will show you both your room. Get dressed in uniform and get into your work. I hate people who doesn't work perfectly. So I would like you both to be perfect." with that he went out for his office.

The maid who told them to wait came again and escorted them to their rooms. It was back side of house. Y/n's room was not that far from her grandpa. She immediately settled her things and got freshen up. After that she wore her uniform, which the maid gave her. She then as order went to the kitchen. There she found a girl, probably in her 20s working with the dishes.

"Hello, unnie." she said, which made her turn around.

"Gosh you scared me. Well, who you must be."

"I'm Y/n. I'm the new maid."

"Ohh I'm Lia. Wait le me go through your work list." She cleaned her hand and took out her working phone out of the apron's pocket.

"Ok so according to this you have to clean the 4 th floor. All the room should be cleaned, no dust should be seen. Or else you'll be punished." said Lia. Y/n nodded her head. Lia showed her where the stairs were. Y/n thanked her and took her equipment that she need. She went upstairs.

"Hmm so, from which room should I start. Mhh I think that one. That one looks really big, so It would be difficult for me to clean." with that she walked to the room. She knocked on it but no one opened it.

"Seems like no one is inside." With that she twisted the knock and opened the door. But the thing that was inside made her shocked.

"Ahhhhhh."