Unpublishing

this is probably gonna be super melodramatic but,

hey, hi, hello

currently writing this at 9 pm, jan 15th of the new year.

i know only maybe like, one person will see this but, y'know, that's cool. hello, one person
the other day i was reminded of this fanfic again after a few years, (even though, ill admit, i think about it a lot from time to time), and i got this anxiety about it that i usually get. here's why,
this story was written when i was about 10 years old - not joking, yes i was that young. and when i wrote it, i was a very dumb kid. i was in a very difficult spot mentally, life was really weird back then and i was just generally unwell in many ways. i used this story as a distraction, an escape, and in some cases - a call for help. (not joking, theres an unpublished chapter where i begged my readers to help me because i was experienced such bad paranoia. -everyone who genuinely tried to help me is really sweet, i hope you're all doing well)
but i would slot in a lot of personal info that you should never share online, especially not when you're barely a preteen.
so, a majority of the chapters we're littered with things that id much rather keep offline.
and, it's really difficult to read back these chapters because id honestly much rather not be reminded of how things were, how i was and the person the used to be - even if that person was just a dumb kid who shouldn't have wattpad.

so im unpublishing all the chapters, which - believe me, it's not easy to do. i don't really remember how wattpad works or whatever but im 99% sure that when i unpublished them, i lose a lot of the things that i actually liked about this story. (hint: it's not the story itself) the people, the comments, the memories, i held - and still hold all of it very dearly to me. everyone was so sweet, so kind and genuine that it propelled me to where i am with writing today. it was difficult for me to appreciate what i had back then, but looking back now to all the late nights id spend writing up a chapter and eagerly reading all of your comments in the morning - it means more than you could know to me. im hoping that even by a small chance, someone who read this story years ago when i was still updating it, reads this and knows how much i appreciate them, and how much im hoping they're doing lovely now.
i hope that, like me, even if things were good then, that they're better now. i hope things have changed for the better. i hope you're okay.

i won't be updating this story again, i won't republish, and i won't do a rewrite (because as far as i'm aware, the actual webcomic is sort of dead). wattpads changed a lot since the first ever chapter of patches. the site's more of a joke than it is an actual place to read now, and it's also just a community i don't fit into writing wise anymore. (not to say i really post anything at this point, im kind of happily quiet online now.)
i won't say much else about my current personal life because after everything - i still feel pretty uneasy about doing so. but ill just say that, im different, im okay.

im going to make this the last time i touch wattpad as a writer, ill miss rancidwriter but i grew out of it - of him. many apologies to any reader who just discovered this and is in the middle of this story (i see y'all, escape this goddawful site - im tellin' ya.)
but i promise there are better stories out there, just look for them, i believe in you.

and hey, if you can't find them, just write them :]

so

ill end it off with this,

ditch wattpad. ao3 all the way.
have a good one 💛