~Opening~

*Chy'ann*

"Keke if you don't sit still." It was already hot in my aunts crib and doing my little cuznts hair didn't make things any better. It was the mid Summer of June and today was a hot one. 92 degrees and Humid.

My aunt had one of those small fit in ya window type fans that blew out nothing but hot air. Plus a floor fan that did nothing but collect dust. We also kept the door open, even that wasn't helping nothing. I just wanted to be nosey and see what silly muhfucka was going to walk past in this heat.

I kept myself somewhat cool with a huge cup of ice which was in need of a refill. So I finished 5 more individual braids in Keke's hair and told her we can take a break. I know her butt was hurting cause mine sure as hell was from sitting on my aunts worn out couch.

No sooner after I got up, the screen door swung open "Yoyo yizoo wassup?" in walked Khari drenched in sweat with a basketball in his hand. Only he would be out in this hot ass weather playing ball.
I just rolled my eyes at him and went on to do what I was about to do before he made that annoying ass entrance

Khari was my ex boyfriend and also my big cuznt Chace's best friend since first grade. Khari was two years older than me. Him being 18 and me 16. Once he turned 18, 5 months ago, he completely changed. From his attitude to his swag.

He broke up with me through text just minutes after I saw him hugged up with some girl at his Basketball game. I told him I wasn't going to be able to make it but end up showing up to surprise him. But I was the one to get surprised.

I admit, I was hurt. And that shit stuck with me for a whole month. I even stopped coming to my aunts house cause I knew he'd be there. That was like his second home.

It made me think back to when we started dating and my cuznt chace said these words. "Look tink (a nickname only he called me). You're my little cousin and I'm gone always look out for you. I'm just telling you now, don't get too comfortable with Kha. Things might be all bubbly now but_" he pause for a second, then he tapped my shoulder and said "Just be careful okay?" Of course young me didn't pay that talk no mind. But I wish I did.

"Oh so you can't speak?"

"Khari don't start with me." I walked to the kitchen and headed straight to the freezer. I took out the ice tray and emptied the whole thing into my large cup before I refilled it back up and put it back in the freezer for my next round.

I didn't even lay an eye on him but I felt his eyes all over me. I was wearing a lime green crop top with a pair of low rise shorts. I had my long length hair slicked back into a ponytail which I end up putting in a bun due to the heat. I wasn't looking my best, but I was comfortable.

"Look girl ain't nobody come here to start wit ya ass. I came to see Chace. Where he at?"

I pointed in the direction of Chace's room and Khari made his exit up out my face. Meanwhile, Keke sat on the couch giving me this look.

"Mmmhm.. you know you miss him." I shot her a look back like you better stay in a child's place. Keke was only 8 years old and act as if she was in her teens.

That shit annoyed me. And it was as if my aunt didn't care. But me, nor Chace played that shit. Not having any siblings of my own, I looked at Keke and Chace as siblings. I have a lot of cousins but they were the only ones I grew up around and I was okay with that.