Operation: Backdoor Neglect

During Operation Backdoor Neglect, the 228th was tasked with storming through the front lines and attacking droid encampments during the First Battle of Geonosis in 22 BBY. Whilst the 228th main force was fighting hard, the Nightmares were tasked with infiltrating 4 of the landed Federation Core Ships. CT-5733 "Flanker" and CT-3799 "Strider" were the two Nightmares that infiltrated the 4 Core Ships. They infiltrated the ships from the side through a door, there were four B1 battledroids at the entrance, two were on either side of the door facing the corridor and the other two were facing the door. When Flanker and Strider reached the doorway they scanned the immediate area beyond the door with their scanner, they detected the four droids and pulled out their short range droid poppers and armed them. They opened the doors and threw the popped at the two droids facing the door, shorting out their circuits and causing them to collapse, before the droids knees even folded halfway and could fall to the ground, Strider and Flanker entered through the doorway and cut down the other two droids in a split second with their vibroblades. All four droids hit the ground with a consecutive clunk as Flanker and Strider walked through the door, Flanker pointed in the direction they needed to go. As the two moved through the ship they remained silent and vigilant. They moved quickly through the hallways of the ship quickly taking down B1 droids with their vibroblades, they came to a junction at one of the hallways and peaked around the corner. There were two Droidekas in the hallway facing the junction, they were at 15ft away from the corner, Flanker turned to Strider and spoke to him through their encrypted voice modulators. Flanker said, "I'll take the one on the right, you get the one on the left's shields." Striders audio decryptor picked up what Flanker said and he nodded. Flanker stepped out from around the corner with two vibroblades in his hand and threw on of them straight into the right Droideka's head disabling it immediately all the while Strider rushed the other Droideka and slid underneath it and slicing it through its shield generator, Flanker was right behind Strider and cut off the droids blasters while Strider was rushing to stand up and when he did he stabbed it through the head. Flanker stepped over the piles of scrap and checked the datapad on his wrist, no alarms or report of intruders had been sent, the Droidekas were not able to react fast enough to sent anything out. The two sheathed their blades and Strider said with a slight chuckle, "We make this look easy." Flanker nodded and fist bumped Strider. They came around the corner that lead to the rector room and spotted two B2 Super Battle Droids and six B1 Battledroids. Flanker and Strider pulled out their DC-18 TPM's and each took down three of the B1's. The B2's stepped forward raising their blasters but before they could even engage their components to even begin firing Strider and Flanker had already pulled out their vibroblades and thrown them into the B2's. After removing their blades they walked into the reactor room and up to the control panel, Flanker told Strider to keep watch as he began hacking the console, rigging it to backfire and explode upon any attempted launch. Just as he finished and turned around Strider made a quick gesture and the two cloaked with their experimental cloaking tech which only lasted a minute and a B3 Ultra Battledroid had just walked in on patrol so they would need to act quickly. They attached their rappel gear the the grate of the walkway they were on and rappelled all the way to the bottom of the ship through the large open space which held the reactor. They cut a hole through the side and climbed down the landing gear to the ground and continued to the other three ships where they would successfully hack and cause the ships to be destroyed. After their mission they returned to the main force and spoke with Psycho. Psycho had been assisting the other ground units with the frontal attack and was doing marvelous. Flanker and Strider told Psycho which ships had been sabotaged and Psycho sent the main forces to focus on the other nearby ships.