AFTERLIGHT.

I am constantly trying to communicate something incommunicable, to explain something inexplicable, to tell about something I only feel in my bones and which can only be experienced in those bones

to explain something inexplicable,
to tell about something I only feel in my bones
and which can only be experienced in those bones.

( FRANZ KAFKA. LETTERS TO MILENA )

CIRSE TYSE is a failure.

To the Jedi Order –shining out in the sun for too long they've begun to burn– CIRSE TYSE is nothing. Descendant of a dangerous political family weighing down both sides of the war, she was rescued from her home as a baby and brought to the temple on Coruscant. If she remembers back to that day, seeks out the memories that often feel constructed and fuzzy, there was a cloak and soft words spoken into her ear. The hum of a lightsaber cut down blurred figures. She would like to have that again, that sense of safety in a strangers arms. To be held as something other than fragile glass.

She doesn't want to remember what happens next, what led her to where she stands today.

Now, the shadows of the pillars of the Jedi temple no longer scare her (may master yoda forgive her), but welcome her with open arms. Now, the shouts of warring political idealists seem to understand her more than her fellow padawans in Clan Heliost ever could. Now, the underbelly of Coruscant and the polluted night sky is more friend than foe. This is what fate seems to be for CIRSE, embraced by everything that is not what she is. Everyone other than the Jedi.

This shouldn't be what becomes of her.

In the twists and turns of what binds life together, CIRSE could weave you a tapestry fit for kings on distant worlds. Understanding how the Force works, she could be crowned in golden light, she could be a saviour. But CIRSE is not Anakin Skywalker, she is not the poster child for the clone wars, the Chancellor's chosen one. She is none of these things.

CIRSE TYSE is a failure.

And failure to the Jedi is a fate worse than death. The Force may be with her, but how is she to know? When the galaxy has smothered a flame before it could even begin to rise, how does one know when the spark inside them ignites? How can the Force ever be CIRSE TYSE'S home when it has always been the very thing trying to tear her apart?

 The Force may be with her, but how is she to know? When the galaxy has smothered a flame before it could even begin to  rise, how does one know when the spark inside them ignites? How can the Force ever be CIRSE TYSE'S home when it has always bee...