So... What's the Plan, Stan?

Overview

I'm all of a sudden having flashbacks to having to write endless papers in university, and having to hand in a drafting overview. So, let's mix a little of that with my brain dump writing style, and say our prayers that we make it out of this alive.

My sister once pointed out how we might turn to a friend and say how smart another friend is, or how we love their style, or they're the best singer, but for some reason, we hesitate to say it directly to that special person. So, we began the awkward tradition of compliment hour - really uncomfortable at first, but probably 15 years later, I'm a pro. And so here we will bring this fun tradition to the not-at-all-hostile world of the internet. P.S. that was sarcasm. People are mean online. I one time got called a boomer on here, and for real had an identity crisis for a beat.

So if you didn't read literally anything I've written on my profile, here is the way this shtick will work.

You, delightful, kind, caring person, will send me, the mysterious author, a message about an author who is great. You can write me a lengthy personal saga of a message, or real quick one liner. My dream dream scenario would be that I get inundated with swarms of messages where I have to write full pages of compliments.

*IMPORTANT NOTE* If you are an author, and you do not get a full page of compliments, THAT IS NOT A REFLECTION ON YOU AT ALL. That just means this book isn't shared widely enough for all of your lovely readers to know, but I'm sure once they find out, you can bet they will be sending me more notes to update your page. And let's be real, if you're here in the early days, no one is going to be swimming in complos.

Update Schedule

I don't have one. Not because I'm lazy, but because... okay well yes, I am lazy, but more so because this will rely heavily on other readers. It would really just be a love letter to my favourite authors if I was the only one who gave compliments, and I'm sure there are a lot of amazing authors I am missing out on.

So, in theory, my plan will be to update as frequently as possible when new authors are submitted. If it is someone who already has a page, depending on how successful this actually is (oh gosh I really hope it is), I'll update those pages with new compliments maybe bi-weekly? Meaning once every two weeks, because how confusing that bi-weekly can mean once every two weeks or twice a week? Man, English is weird.

Conversation Page vs. Message

Please message your compliments to me. I'm hoping to reserve the conversation page for individual shout outs, throwing out some compliments for anyone who needs to hear them (including you, dear reader), and maybe also just to provide some updates on how we're doing here.

Is There Anything Else?

To be honest, I don't know if I have other things I should be mentioning here... other than hopefully (again, fingers crossed this is a big popular hit) I will create an alphabetized table of contents. The chapters will not be organized this way, because what happens if Bobby Sue is the first author I get, and then Alan Arkansas is complimented months later? That just seems potentially messy.

So I know normally, at the end of chapters, people do the whole "like, comment, share" thing, but I feel like that doesn't really apply here except puhhhhhlease share this so more people can know that they are doing a great job!

Tak,

Complimenter #1