Chapter 1

R I L E Y

Today me and Lucas are going on a date but Maya wants to talk to me.. I wonder what she wants to talk about.

She told me to meet her at Topangas, my moms bakery.
So I'm going to meet her there, obviously.

I grab my coat and my phone and head to Topangas.

-TOPANGAS-

I walk into Topangas and see my blonde best friend sat down at a bay window near a window. I walk over to her and sit down next to her.

"Hey peaches." I say smiling at her, she looks over at me and softly smiles.
"Hey honey." She says tears forming in her eyes.
"What's up Maya?!" I question, worried and confused on why she's crying.

I pull her into a hug.

"I-I.." She stutters, not managing to say a word.
"It's okay peaches.. calm down." I say reassuringly.
"I-I'm.. I think I-I'm b-bisexual.." she says pulling out of the hug looking at me, eyes red and puffy already from crying.

"Maya, thats perfectly fine! You don't need to worry about telling me! I will love you either way." I say smiling, grabbing her hand. I see her face turn a shade of pink, like she's blushing. I think nothing of it.
She nods and gulps.

"Thanks pumpkin.." she says smiling. I smile and stand up, pulling her up with me.
I drag her out of the bakery and bring her to my house. She doesn't know about my date with Lucas so why not tell her so she can help me get ready?

-AT THE MATTHEWS APARTMENT-

I drag Maya into my room and close the door.

"Woah whats up Riles?" Maya asks, out of breath because we ran all the way from Topangas to my apartment

"So.. I have some news.." I say sitting down at the Bay Window. She smiles and sits next to me.
"Oh yeah? Whats up?" Questioned Maya, looking at me. I bit my lip.
"Uhm.. So me and Lucas are going on a d-date tonight.." I say hoping she's okay with it.

Her smile drops but she smiles again but I can tell it's a fake one. I wonder if she's not happy about it because she might.. like him?

"T-Thats g-great R-Riley." She says stammering as she stands up. She looks away from me but i can tell she has tears in her eyes.
"Maya.. Are you okay?" I ask, worried if she likes him. If she likes him I will cancel the date so she can have him. Shes my best friend, and I want her to be happy more than anything in the world.
"Y-Yeah.. I j-just need t-to g-go h-home m-my mom w-needs m-me." She says, choking out her words.

She goes to walk out of my room but I stop her and grab her wrist.

"No Maya. Whats up? Be honest." I say, seriousness filling my tone. She gulps and looks up at me.
"Promise you wont get mad?" She says anxiously..
"Maya I could never get mad at you." I reassure her.
"Okay so basic-" she cuts herself off as if she's gone deep into thought.
"Actually no. I'll tell you after your date with L-Lucas. Now. Lets get you ready." She says now with a genuine smile on her face, I return the smile but im still confused.

Does she like Lucas?

She can't. She just came out to me as Bisexual so she must like.. a girl!

But if she likes a girl why did she get so upset when I told her about my date with Lucas?

Hm I'll just leave it. She'll tell me when she's ready, and I respect that.