Prologue

Narrator's POV

         Millenniums ago, people lived in peace and harmony with each other, looking to a great and powerful species known as..... Dragons.

          But one day a darkness swept across the land in the form of a mindless mist that devoured human souls, leaving them as stone. These beings were known as the drune. The dragons did their best to protect the humans from the drune, but.....even they were turned to stone. 

          Until the great Sisudatu focused her magic on a special gem and with a blast, wiped the drune away. Great rains came down and all that had been turned to stone returned. All but the dragons. The only thing remaining of Sisu was the gem she had used, the dragon gem. You would think that people would see inspiration in this and band together in harmony. But humans being humans..... they fought over the last thing remaining of dragons. The lands known as Kumandra were divided into five and the dragon gem had to be hidden away. 

        The dragon gem was hidden in the land that had become known as heart. But there was something nobody but the guardians of the gem knew. The gem wasn't the only thing left of dragons. There was an egg. A dragon egg. One that was hidden and only known about by the guardians of the gem. And it was always carried by the eldest of the guardians. The egg had been left with the first guardian of the gem by a mysterious stranger that only the first guardian knew the true identity of. 

         And after five hundred years, the gem has become broken, the drune reawakened and returned, the elder guardian turned to stone, and the egg as well as a piece of the gem has been passed down to his daughter, the only guardian of the gem left that hasn't been turned to stone. And the stranger who gave the egg to heart to be protected? She's waiting for the current guardian to find her where her sister-in-law sleeps inside a deep slumber.