1

The sky opened up to a bright new day. Despite it being the first of September, the first day at school, you were excited.

Probably because this year you were going to Hogwarts. The most prestigious Wizarding school in England.

You transferred from Beuaxbatons because of an unfortunate misunderstanding between you and a student from durmstrang.

You grabbed your trunk and your new owl, Harold, and went down the stairs of your foster home. The muggles didn't know you were a witch and it was going to stay that way.

_________

You arrived at platform 9 and three quarters. With the help of nice red haired woman you go through the brick wall and were staring at the brilliant scarlet steam engine.

Students, first years to 7 years, were hugging their parents goodbye and reuniting with their friends they didn't see over summer holiday.

You didn't bother waiting for anybody.  The people you knew weren't exactly the OMG Y/N. We've missed you so much kind of people.

You got on the train, searching for an empty compartment. You settled near the back and started reading Hogwarts a History
You didn't want to be completely lost on your first day.

_________

"Hey, do you mind if we join you?" A boy, his face covered in freckles and his hair flaming red asked you.

You took a minute to survey his companions. A beautiful bushy haired girl and a short skinny boy with jet black hair.

"No not at all."

The three put their luggage away on the racks and slid in on the seat across from you.

"I'm Hermione, Hermione Granger." The girl said, she held out her hand. You took it.

"Y/N," You hesitated "Y/N....Johnson."

"Pleasure."

The girl gestured to the ginger. "This is Ron Weasley here and," she gestured to the scrawny boy, "This is Harry Potter."

Ron mumbled his nice to meet you while Harry just nodded.

"I've never seen you around before." Hermione said. "What house are you in?"

"I'm not in a house yet. I just transferred, from Beauxbatons."

"Oh, how come?"

You hesitated but eventually said.
"If hogwarts invites you to come you come."

She smiled. "That makes sense."

Slowly you guys all started talking, about subjects, teachers, students, anything you could think of.

You found out that they were a year younger than you, in their fourth year. Making you a fifth year.

They may be younger but you were glad to have some friends.