Shirt

Narrative: Returning from patrol to withdraw back into the safety of his shared apartment with his girlfriend, an overworked Peter spots said girl, Michelle, wearing his favorite shirt. Teasing then ensues.

A/N: Enjoy this quick mini filler one-shot as I continue the rest of this book and my other stories. And I'm still throwing canon out the window because.

__________________

As the evening shed its light so the night could reign on, a spandex clad figure swung high above through the tallest buildings within the city of Queens until he'd passed a lower area full of housing and corner stores.

The famed hero, Spider-Man, continued to swing from building to building before he swooped down to land on the fire escape of a certain red-bricked apartment building. Through the window of the level he landed on, the hero could spot the familiar sight of a curly haired girl that was his lover from the small opening of the curtains, singing and dancing as she paced around the room—seeming to be cleaning it as she stored and organized the items inside.

Inwardly, Peter smiled, seeing Michelle so immersed in her activity and hearing the music she'd been listening to as it seeped through the small open crack of the window that she would always leave for him. The song in question was Let Me Love You by Mario. One of her favorite songs. He listened to her continue to sing along with the lyrics, so mesmerized by the sound of her voice. He often praised her singing skills; though she'd just laugh it off and dismiss him of the remark, prompting him to pull her close and thoroughly explain (with kisses in pursuit) that he meant what he said then sew more compliments into her skin. His endeavors wouldn't cease until she would acknowledge his words and accept them, and then he'd make her sing his name during coital activities.

He tore his mind from the provocative thoughts and proceeded to knock on the glass of the window to signal his presence.

"Come in," she permitted in the following second, the music that was blasting previously lowered and her cleaning was put to a halt.

He opened the window wide and slid in, closing it behind him as well as the curtains so he could remove the mask on his head. The curls on his head bounced as the mask was pulled off and Peter then turned to face the expectant look of Michelle as she leaned slightly against the vacuum to her side.

"How was patrolling, Webhead?"

He rolled his eyes at the nickname, but answered in kind. "The same as usual, petty crimes and just as criminals."

"No ludicrous villain in an exaggerated getup?"

"Not today," he mocked a defeated sigh as he moved to lean against the wall beside the window, "What have you been up to?"

"Nothing much," she supplied, "Just cleaning and finishing some assignments for some classes yesterday. There's a project in Professor Modell's class due next Wednesday, which you would know if had been there." Her final sentence seemed pointed, but the teasing glint in her eyes told him otherwise.

He held up his arms in defense, arguing back, "It's not my fault some weirdo in a metallic rhino suit wants to chase me all over New York."

Michelle beamed with laughter, shaking her head at him. "No, I suppose not. Well, I have the list of instructions he has for us since he hasn't posted them online yet. I also convinced May to make that cherry pie you love so much."