SNAP: The World Unfolds Contest Entry!

If I have a vampire as a lover, would I let him to me into a vampire? Why, or why not?

I am going to bet that most of the girls would definitely say yes because your question will lead them to those who have watched Twilight. As for me, I would say no. Not that I don’t want to live forever with my lover but I would have to sacrifice a lot to be with him. Family and friends. They need me as much as my lover needs me. Your question really aimed on my choice in choosing between my family and friends or my lover. My lover will be hurt if he ever knows my decision and I wouldn’t want to hurt him because hurting him means hurting myself in return. But, my family and friends are important to me. If they don’t exist, neither would I be here. If I ever be with him, I have to sacrifice a lot of people but if I choose not to, I would only sacrificing our happiness with is only a little matter when compared to my family and friends happiness.

Besides that, if my lover truly loves me, he would let me have my way. He would wish for my happiness and be my protective angel. He will never force me to do something I don’t want. He would definitely wait for me to be reincarnated in the next life. He is immortal and he can wait for me if he truly loves me. I might want him to change me into a vampire when I am reborn in the next life, who knows? But now, in this life, I would never be one. The price of being one is too much to pay for now.

The choice of being a vampire do attract me because of the ability that humans don’t have like speed, strength, and special skills but being a vampire means you will hurt innocent human if you were unable to control your thirst and I don’t want to hurt anyone especially my family and friends, I would die if I ever hurt them and won’t forgive myself. I know this is a price of being a vampire, that’s why I don’t want to be one, not that I am treating vampire as monster. I know it’s hard to resist blood if there was ever the scent of it floating in the air. And it takes a whole lot of your will to stop and walk away. It’s hard. You can never ever be the good guy if you want to be vampire but there are some who are, some who wished to be human again.

And yes, humanity, I would lose them if I ever changed to a vampire and I don’t want to let that disappear. Humanity is important to everyone and that humanity lets you be the one you want to be and not a monstrous killing machine. Vampires do have the world in their hands because they are immortals. But I don’t think I want to live forever knowing I can’t get old, have children, have a family to care about and look after even I have my lover. Only the two of us are not enough to keep me satisfied as I want to have a big, happy family with my own children. Their laughter surrounding me and I know it makes me feel safer even if I am a vampire with extraordinary strength.

 I don’t like to see people hurting because of what I did. Same goes to animals. I loathe people who abuse animals and peoples. My heart hurt like I was stabbed there with a dagger. That’s why I said I don’t want to be a vampire. Like I had said, I will not forgive myself if I ever hurt any of them. I will not be able to wash the blood off my hands if I ever kill anyone or anything. Animals are so darn cute and how can those people kill them and eat them? I know that my lover will have to kill to eat as it is his nature but I have to forgive him right? I love him. But if I am the one who do the killing, I would rather die than hurting them.

Besides that, being a vampire means I cannot go out into the Sun where I can feel the heat on my skin because the ray from the Sun will burn me to ashes. I have to trap myself in the house whenever it’s sunny. I cannot have any freedom at all. I cannot go outside. I cannot be in the garden and plant some flowers which is my hobby. I have to be afraid of garlic and stakes as people who are superstitious and believed in the existence of vampires. There’s no way I can live my life in daylight and I had to sacrifice that to be a vampire. Daylight is important; without them, no one can live except vampires but without humans, vampires can’t live either. Vampires do need daylight after all as daylight provide food for the humans. I have always been the one to be afraid of dark so being a vampire means I have to live in world of darkness with my lover which is just as bad as living without any food. 

I guess that’s all for my reasons why I don’t want my lover to change me to a vampire. In conclusion, my lover will understand my choice if he loves me with all his cold heart. And I am willing to sacrifice him and my own happiness for my family and friends because I know that they need me more. I cannot just leave them stranded in a desert and fly over to my lover’s world without caring about them. I just cannot bring myself to do that. I know some can, but for me, I am not that selfish because I cared about my families and friend’s happiness than my happiness. 

 Not that I don’t want to be a vampire, I do.  I want to be a vampire but when I thought about my family members and friends, I just don’t know about that anymore.  This is the best I can get my mind to think of.

Thank you. 

Words: 1083