Alternate Ending

ONCE AGAIN, THIS STORY DOES NOT BELONG TO ME. I REWROTE THE ENDING CAUSE I WAS SAD AND LONELY. THE CHARACTER SPADE AND THE PLOTLINE BEFORE THIS BELONGS TO SkyRadio_Official AND I WOULD RECOMMEND CHECKING OUT THE BOOK.

"Crap, the Space core might have already cut the WIFI!"

Your heart dropped, worry eating away at your soul. You knew you couldn't leave any of the cores, you would never forgive yourself! Prying the doors of the Elevator open, you ran towards a panel that the space core brought to the room, you surveyed the buttons and switches. Big and red, there was a button labeled "Overwrite Chassis Control."

You smiled with glee as you hit the button and flipped the switch that controls the internet to 'ON'. Quickly running to the Chassis, you tore the orange-eyed core out and ran to the elevator, dodging falling debris from the breaking building. "I can get a connection now!" Spade yelled over the crashing of the facility.

The elevator started moving up, towards the surface and you almost collapsed to the floor with exhaustion. "We did it, mate! We escaped the facility!" You heard Wheatley exclaim, laughing a bit at the end. Crouching down, you moved your friends and laid down. It's time for a long awaited nap.

...

...

"We're here, friend!" You heard Spade tell you. Prying your eyes open, you gasped at the amazing scenery around you. There's a giant field of wheat, spreading as far as the eye can see. The sun shining down on it, illuminating a small cottage in the distance.

"What's that?" Spade asked, catching eye of what you were looking at. You shrugged, jostling your friends in your arms. Walking closer to it, you realized how far it is. "Buckle up guys, this will be a long walk." You told the cores in your arms, having to speak over the space-obsessed core's ramblings.

"Uhm, 'ello?" Wheatley shouted out when you approached the hut. "Anyone there?" ... No response. You walked to the door and knocked on it. You hear a slight tapping of feet, and the door creaks open. There's a muscular woman in front of you. She has black hair tied in a ponytail, and is wearing a black hoodie and jeans. Her eyes go wide as she sees the core's in your hands. "Oh uhm- Hello? Never thought I'd see you aga-"

Wheatley was cut off by a portal gun pointed at his optic. He fell silent, sensing the danger of speaking. The space core ignored the threat, and babbled about space and his favorite things about it.

'Where did you find... him?' She signed out, which you were confused on how you knew what she was signing.

"It's a long story, may we come in?"

Her small cottage had only the bare necessities. There was a small bed, weaved together with what looks like animal skin and wheat, tucked in the corner. There was a few wood cabinets lining the walls, presumably holding the items she owns, right next to a bucket and basic hygiene equipment. There was a toothbrush, toothpaste, Shampoo, body wash, and a towel. They all looked like they didn't belong in the small hut that had a look as though she built it.

'Explanation. Now.' The unidentified woman signed, sitting on her bed while you and the cores were standing or on the floor. You gave her the quick rundown, explaining the key details. You conveniently left out Oracle from the summary. It still hurt too much to mention them. The Woman looked deep in thought most of the time while you were explaining, asking questions here and there by signing.

When you finished explaining, She asked one question that rung in your head.

'What happened to GLaDOS?'