Sweet Serendipity

Recommended songs for this fic :

The night we met by Lord Huron
Turning Page by Sydney Rose
Fallingforyou the1975
Daylight by Taylor Swift

-

I love you but not in that way.

-

I told you I love you, And that was your answer.
I knew I had no hope. I knew it would only hurt.
I knew that you will never love me the way I love you.
But I gambled. I took the risk.
Coz you never know if you never try right?
Now here I am, picking up the shards of my heart. As I watched you walk away from me that night.

I always thought I can change your heart.
I didn't. I couldn't.

Days passed, I tried to act normal. Like nothing happened.
Cause no matter how hurt I am, I would rather be your friend than lose you to me forever.
But little by little, you turned away from me.
You gave me cold shoulder.
You ignored me. As if I never meant anything to you.

I missed you.
I regret what I did. I should've never told you.

Maybe now, we're still cuddling while watching our favourite series,
Maybe we're still talking until 2am about astronomy, afterlife and soulmates while being wrapped up with each other's warmth.
Maybe I can still hug you from behind while lulling you to sleep every night.
Maybe at this moment you're still looking at me like I just hung the moon in front of you.

God, I missed us.
I decided its enough.

-

"Why are you ignoring me? Was it because of my confession?"

"I'm just helping you to get over those feelings of yours."

"By avoiding me?"

"Clearly. I think it would be easier for you to move on from me."

"Who said I want to move on from you?"

"My god, Camila!Don't make it even harder than it already is. Can't you see? I'm not into you. I never saw you like that. You don't know how much your friendship means to me.
So please get rid of those feelings of yours and just be my friend."

"I said I love you, I never asked you to love me back Lauren. I just wanted you to know, of course I was hoping that you feel the same, but even if you don't, which happens to be the case, I'll be fine.I know I'll be fine. I just really want to let it all out coz its too strong you know? I can't hide it anymore. "

Silence...

Lauren looked at Camila with unreadable expression. She wanted to say something but she's unsure of what to say.

" Look Lauren, I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable, but please don't push me away by avoiding me. You've no idea how much you're hurting me everytime I try to talk to you and you start walking away before I can even reach you." Camila admitted sadly. She's deeply hurt.

" I-im sorry too for overreacting.You just really caught me off guard when you confessed. I never thought you feel that way about me. I 'm sorry for avoiding you these past few days, I thought I was doing the right thing."

"I know. So, we're good?"

"Yeah" Lauren sighed as she reached for Camila's hands, looking her in the eye. "I hope you find someone who wants you as much as you want them. Someone who can equally reciprocate the love you have for them.And I'm sorry coz I can't be that person for you,Camz..." She whispered while softly wiping Camila's tears that fell over her cheeks. She hugs her bestfriend and Camila hugs her back even tighter.