~ Introduction & Playlist ~

Hello, readers!

Just a heads up, the events of this book will take place after A Court of Silver Flames. That said, I recommend finishing the original series before reading this fic. If you choose not to, then just be prepared to come across spoilers and a few things that won't make sense.

Another warning-- this book will likely contain depictions of imagery and content that may be uncomfortable or triggering to some readers. I will do my best to let you know in the beginning of chapters that I feel could be potentially triggering. Please let me know if you read anything that you believe should have a warning and I will gladly add one or find a way to rewrite it.

Unfortunately, I am only human and can't catch all of my mistakes. Feel free to point out any grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors that you see as you read. I also really appreciate feedback and constructive criticism, so if there's ever anything you want to comment on, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Below I have compiled a playlist of songs that I believe fit the vibe of this story and/or have lyrics that I feel relates. You can skim through them if you'd like but, of course, it isn't required for your comprehension of the story.

Happy reading <3

- "Power Over Me" by Dermot Kennedy

- "Trouble" by Valerie Broussard

- "Fairytale" by Alexander Rybak

- "War of Hearts" by Ruelle

- "Line Without a Hook" by Ricky Montgomery

- "Welcome Home" by Radical Face

- "Test Drive" from HTTYD, by John Powell

- "Another Love" by Tom Odell

- "Till Forever Falls Apart" by Ashe and FINNEAS

- "As the World Caves In" by Sarah Cothran (Originally by Matt Maltese)

- "Home" by Catie Turner

- "Pierre" by Ryn Weaver

- "My Blood" by Ellie Goulding

- "Gods & Monsters" by Lana Del Rey

- "In Case You Don't Live Forever" by Ben Platt

I do not claim to own any Sarah J Maas characters, worlds, and works in general. This fic is purely for fun as a what if-type scenario.