AUTHOR'S NOTE

DISCLAIMER

None of the characters or references relating to the original Keeper of the Lost Cities series belong to me; they are legal property of Shannon Messenger.

ABOUT ME

Hola, bonjour, ciao, konnichiwa, howdy, privyet and hello my friends. My real name is Adele but I prefer Della. My pronouns are she/her, and I am probably crazy.

Some things about me: I'm a complete and utter bookworm. I am OBSESSED with KOTLC and HP. I'm thirteen years old and I have many ambitions that may or may not be completed. I want to be a writer, mycologist, politician, and perfumer, and live in a Canadian cottage with a wife, cat and adopted child. I love ethnic food and I'm also a very big introvert (and I'm not really a people or dog person).

OVERVIEW

This story is a KOTLC AU fanfic, where all the characters are humans and they live in a beautiful, rich, country called The Lost City of Shine and Shadows, or Lost City for short, where basically everyone is attractive, like in canon.

This story also has a lot of diversity and a lot of different themes, so I suggest that you read this even if you don't know KOTLC, because it might teach you some things, and fill you with warm fuzziness because of all the sweet ships.

SYNOPSIS

When Sophie Foster arrives in Lost City to live with her new adoptive parents Grady and Edaline because her family Will, Emma and Amy Foster are kidnapped, Sophie has no idea of all the challenges she has to face.

The leaders of Lost City are the twelve original Councillors of KOTLC. There is a secret criminal organization called the Neverseen which wants to take control of Lost City, and the rest of the world. The organization opposing both sides is the Black Swan.

When Sophie arrives, she isn't really aware of any of the standard culture in the distant, slightly mysterious country of Lost City. But, as she learns more about the country, she also learns to question her identity and her sexuality and starts to experiment with her new friends.

As her friends grow to trust her as well, they tell her more and more secrets about themselves and their very own identities, their lives, their country, their origins and history, and of course, who likes who.

A never-ending tangle of confusion and disorientation begins to unfurl when secrets come loose, but Sophie and her friends must push past their reservations for each other and begin to support one another in order to sort out Lost City's issues.

NOTE: Outside of all these organizations and groups is the school of Foxfire, and all the different cities and locations in the original KOTLC will be mentioned or written about in this novel. (All the characters you know will be in this fic, as well as my OCs).

SHIPS

We have some mains of Marellinh, Kam, Fedex and Sophiana, sides of Keefitz, Solinh, and Staruca, and hints of Sokeefe, Liana, and Lylie.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

I do not tolerate homophobic, transphobic, racist, misogynistic, or sexist comments from anyone. ANYONE.

I encourage equality, fairness, and kindness. So, comment anything that does not involve heavy insults or cruelty towards good humans/animals, and if you have any feedback for my fanfics or novels then you can say whatever you want.

TWS

Another extra warning: in this novel, there are some minor trigger warnings such as curse words, intimacy, violence, etc, so if you're not comfortable with any of those things I don't suggest you read this book - though there isn't any rape, drugs or sex.

My other fanfics are currently What Happened After Unlocked and KOTLC ship-shots.

Enjoy the book!

~ Della 🤍