The Party and The Stars

The above photo is what I imagined what the party was like. Ruby is the one on top of the bar dancing with a drink in her hand. The girl deserves it a little :)

⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕

Tonight, my roommates decided to take me to a party despite having only been to one in college, and I just turned 21 yesterday. It took me about 30 minutes to figure out what to wear. My anxiety made me freak out; hopefully, I'll drink enough tonight to wash away all of the nerves.

"Layla! Hurry up!" My roommate, August, was screaming at me from downstairs. She was most likely already pre-gaming downstairs with my other roommates.

"Okay, I'll be down in a bit!" I quickly threw on my outfit; it consisted of a tattered band t-shirt from my dad, some old jeans from my mom's youth, and my high tops had gotten over five years ago. I had done my make-up this morning for my classes, so I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that.

"Are you almost done, Lay?" She shouted at me. My feet thudded downstairs to greet my other roommates.

"Well, don't you look good tonight?" Ruby, my other roommate, checked out my outfit and walked around me, making sure everything looked in place.

"Thanks," I responded; I was too nervous to say anything else.

All of the girls approved of my outfit as they continued to sip their drinks out of the red solo cups and making faces every time they took a sip. They always opted for mixed drinks or the hard seltzers for pre-gaming, whereas I usually chose shots. 

I dug around in the liquor for some potent alcohol and saw precisely what I was looking for, Red Berry from New Amsterdam, my natural drink of choice. I twisted off the cap and downed almost five shots worth of the clear liquid in a single swig.

I wanted to have fun tonight, but I wanted the confidence to be able to kiss a girl since I haven't in over two years. The mere knowledge of my failure to kiss someone in that amount of time is the bane of my existence. 

I put down the clear bottle and twisted the red cap on top of it, placing it back into the stack of liquor. My roommates looked at me with wide eyes, and as Ruby was about to say something, Willow beat her to it.

"Well, what are we pansies gonna do just standing around the stairs? We gotta get moving!" My third roommate and a designated driver, Willow, jingled her keys and marched out the door, leaving us to follow her trail like little ducklings. After all of us piling into her Honda Civic, she turned on some tunes and set her phone directions to the house party.

Tomorrow way too far away

And we can't get back yesterday

But we young right now

We got right now

So get up right now

The club music thumping throughout the car's speaker system shook Willow's rearview mirror. All of the windows (thankfully) were down, letting us taste the air from the crisp November night.

Got me fiendin'

You got me fiendin'

Something you wanted to do all your life

There's no more waiting, tonight is the night