Confusions and confrontations

Excerpt from "Black Protector, Gray Detective"

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Arine!" The desperate voice of a black-haired teenage boy was heard as the teenage boy ran as if his life depended on it to a small petite girl wearing a dark blue yukata with a wide red sash belt tied wrapped around her waist and tied in a bow twisted in the back. 

He grabbed the small girl by her right hand and pulled her to his chest in order to shield her from any potential danger. 

'I'm not letting you die on me Arine! I swore on my life to protect you and by the gods above I will.' The boy vowed in his mind as he remembered the promise that he made to the small girl in his arms years ago. 

'I made a promise that even if I turn into the beast that I am, I will protect you no matter what and no matter the cost.' He thought desperately as he used his body as a shield for the small and petite girl in his arms. Once again, just like he will always do.

'I WILL protect you, even if I have to use or give up my life, then so be it.' The boy thought as he embraced the small girl with his larger body. He began the feeling of something penetrating him in his back, it was small but painful. He resisted the urge to scream as he could feel his head become light, he felt light all over to be precise. 

But he had a mission, and that was to protect the small girl in his arms to who he had pledged himself, Arine 'Emiyo' Chiyo. The blue titan user, and the absolute light of his life. The only thing or one of the only people making his life in the Jasdayal mafia much more bearable. 

The pain that he was feeling right now though, was only physical pain. He'll recover later though, he always does and he always needs to. He's the black-foot puma, the amber cat, the freaking Yakeru cat. The savage cat of the Jasdayal mafia. He isn't letting a couple of gunshots keep him from his mission of protecting Arine Chiyo. His reason for living and one of his reason for staying and doing the things he does for a living. 

"Arine, do you hear me?!" The black-haired boy demanded as he held the small girl in his arms. He was bleeding really bad, his coat was bloody and torn, small hole shapes were littering the black coat just about everywhere. 

"A-Asahi?" The small whimper of the girl made him feel so relieved that he was sure that his past self would have been happy that he could even feel at all. 

'And the old headmaster would have had me with a choker on my neck and chained to a wall in the basement.' He thought bitterly remembering the times that he had been chained up and locked up by the old headmaster of his orphanage when he had still been living there. 

"Asahi!" Arine screamed as hot wet tears fell from her cheeks. She buried her face in his clothed chest, "Just what the hell were you thinking?!" She demanded in pure anger, but her voice was breaking. Her lips trembled for a few moments, then she ended up just breaking into a whole sobbing ocean of liquid water. 

"Y-you idiot! You could have died had it not been for your healing abilities!" She wailed in complete and utter distress, her voice breaking up once again. He laughed gently, but even his laugh was hoarse and broken. His lips felt dry, but he could feel something warm, sticky, and with a small taste of, iron? 

In his mouth, he didn't really like the feeling. But he could feel the predator in him hallow in rage and in distress. It didn't like feeling the distress of Arine, the person who it had sort of imprinted on. 

"Shh, I'm sorry Arine. I'll try to stop it from happening again." He promised as he whispered his vow to her in her ear. 

She shivered slightly, "All right." She quietly said burying her face in the crook of his neck. She sobbed gently, not making much noise. But she was shaking, it took a moment for her to calm down. And when she did, she unburied her face from the crook of his neck and looked at him straight in the eye. 

He swallowed back some saliva, "Arine." He whispered inching closer to her face, "Asahi." She whispered inching closer to him as well. 

They inched their faces closer to each other and their lips were mere inches away from touching each other. And they would have, had not for the sudden crash and loud noises that made them stop from kissing each other. They quickly turned around to look at where the noise had come from. 

And they saw as the dust cleared up, the bright pink hair of Eichi Daisuke. The silent mad dog of the armed detective's divisions. "Well, this is surprising. The gold reaper and the blue yukata man-killer." He said cooly looking at both Arine and Asahi with an unreadable expression on his face. 

Both Asahi and Arine tensed as they heard the pink-haired teen say their titles. Titles that were given to them by the people who had heard of their crimes, murder, and manslaughter. Mass murdering and killing of political figures, men, and women alike. Both, mostly men. Women were only killed if they were stupid enough to try and kill the boss of the Jasdayal mafia by attempting to 'seduce' him in an attempt for him to lower his guard ad give them a shot at killing him off for whoever person or organization hired them to do the deed.

It was usually female assassins that were sent to kill the boss, the ones who sent them thinking that just like any other man that wouldn't hesitate to lower their guard for a female with a pretty face and a nice-looking body the Jasdayal mafia boss will as well. 

(A bunch of idiots they were, that money that was given to the assassins having been wasted as not a single one of them made it out of Jasdayal territory alive.) 

Too bad that the Jasdayal mafia boss wasn't into anyone other than his right-hand man, Hinami Yoko. The infamous liquid manipulator of the Jasdayal mafia and the right-hand man of the Jasdayal mafia boss, Kota Kuragari.  

"And what a surprise to see the infamous 'mad pink dog detective' of the ADD! Didn't expect them to send out their blasted pink dog to deal with us. But then again, a dog dealing with a dog, is quite interesting don't you think?" Asahi asked the pinknette with a small laugh, the said pinknette simply scowled at him in disadain perhaps? 

Asahi wasen't really sure but nor did he care much about the emotion or feeling behind the facial expresion that he was making. 

"It isn't like you are in any position to be saying anything. Your bleeding after all, healing ability or not, that dosen't change the fact that had it not been for your ability and perhaps the girl, you would have been long dead by now." Eichi replied, his voice dripping with snark. 

Asahi scowled at him, "Says the one that would have become a petty thief had it not been for a member of the A.D.D, who also happens to be a former assassin who worked with the Jasdayal Mafia." Asahi fired right back at him as he mentioned Eichi's mentor, a man who killed people in the past and for money as well. 

This is what all assassins do for their job anyway, kill people for money.