Deadwood Academy

Chapter one

I woke to the sun shining in through my bedroom curtains. Quickly I rolled over and sighed to myself I really couldn't be bothered to get out of bed today but I had no choice mum was down stair making me my birthday breakfast. Chocolate chip banana pancakes and fresh fruit salad I've had it for breakfast every year for the past 6 years.

Slowly I rolled over and climbed out of bed and headed straight for the bathroom. I turned on the shower and left the bathroom to fill with steam as I went back to my bedroom and gathered up some clothes to wear.

'Breakfast can wait a little longer' I thought to myself as the smell drifted up the stairs.

I quickly climbed into the shower and washed myself in my favourite vanilla body wash and then decided I might as well wash my hair as well.

"Violet hurry up breakfast is ready" said mum from the other side of the door.

"Yep" was all I said in reply.

After washing the conditioner out of my hair I turned the shower off and climbed out, the bathroom was pretty warm so I didn't hurry to dry and dress myself. About twenty minutes later I was ready and made my way to the kitchen where mum and dad both sat waiting for me with presents in front of them and my breakfast at my spot of the table.

"Sit down honey and eat your breakfast" said mum.

She can be really annoying and suffocating at times but she's my mother and I love her dearly. Dad on the other hand is a pretty cool guy his never raised his voice at me and gives me everything I want. Last summer I wanted to go away with my friend Rachel's but mum kept saying no so all I did was ask dad to speak with mum and the next thing you know I'm packing my bags and off to Paris for two weeks.

I sat down and began to eat my breakfast, I could tell on mum and dad's face that they needed to say something but I let it go. Well until I finished my breakfast of course. I had one pancake left when began to fidget in her seat. I placed my knife and fork on the plate.

"What is it" I questioned.