30. I'd rather have you hate me

..Kick me out of the family? Go ahead, do it. You'd be doing me a favour anyway."

His father sighed and let out breathy chuckle.

"My poor naive Tine.."

Tine didn't like sound of it nor the direction of where this could possibly be leading...

———

"Is that really how low you think of your father? Now why would I kick my own son out of my family and let the world know how much of loser my son is?"

"Dad-" Type called out defensively which only did much to earn himself a glare from his father which also worked in effectively shutting him up from speaking any further.

Type may not have been the best brother but it was never a doubt that he always cared for Tine. He may not have shown his support like how brothers normally do but let's be real, there is nothing normal about their family.

"Look, son. I don't think I owe you any explanations but all I have to say is that if you decide to still be with that boy, it's not you but him that will pay the price."

"I think I'm capable enough to protect us both"

His dad let out an unattractive amused chuckle.

"I see" he said, clearly sardonic.

Tine glared at his father although he was on the brink of loosing it, he tried his best to keep his emotions intact.

"WHY?" He yelled, anguish visible in his voice - in his eyes, as he collapsed on his knees.

His father ignored his broken son on the floor of his house and turned to leave to continue with his day but then he halted in his steps and turned around to look at Tine.

"Just a piece of advice, Tine. If you truly love that boy, you would set him free from the misery he's about face 'cause of you before it even begins"

"What are you going to do, huh? Kill him? Is that how you make things work?"

"I believe death is mercy. Now why would I do that? Oh but I'll make sure he'll beg me to grant him that mercy" with that his father left the place.

A couple of minutes have passed, and Tine was first to come out of the state of trance.

He got up from the floor at looked at everyone's faces, staring them dead in the eye. He felt enraged.

A rose gold ceramic vase sat elegantly on the side table beside where Tine stood. He swept it of it's place with back of his hand as he watched the whole piece shatter into million pieces just like his heart.

The sudden shrill pierced through the still silence, effectively bringing everyone's attention back.

"Tine" he heard his grandma call but he just harshly stomped past everyone making his way back to his bedroom.

As he opened the door of his room, he saw how it looked as disheveled as his own self. It was the mess he made himself that made his room look so out of order but he wasn't sure who's fault it was for his life being so out of order.