𝐈

episode 1, season 1
— pilot

"don't stop
believing"

"valerie leticia lopez! get your ass up, we're gonna be late for practice !" santana lopez called out to her twin sister from outside her bedroom door.

valerie and santana are fraternal twins. val was born four minutes before santana, which she never stops talking about. the girls attended william mckinley highschool, the place sucked, but they were sophomores, only two more years to go. the way mckinley worked was very cliche, cheerleaders and jocks on top, junkies and skaters in the middle, and weird band or glee kids at the bottom. if you were at the bottom, life wasn't good for you. you'd be met with a slushy facial every time you stepped foot in the school.

luckily for valerie and santana, they were cheerleaders, better known as cheerios at mckinley. they were at the top of the school, they didn't get slushied because they were the ones throwing them. santana and val were especially at the top considering they were friends with the head cheerleader and quarterback. well technically, santana was friends with the head cheerleader, val not so much...

quinn fabray, queen bee and the most popular girl at school, and to think she's only a sophomore. to valerie, quinn was perfect, she has straight a's, she's the president of the celibacy club, she was dating the quarterback, and she was the top bitch. it's not that valerie was jealous of quinn or anything, she just believed that the "blonde little miss perfect" bitch didn't deserve it.

the unholy trinity were a trio that consisted of quinn, santana, and brittany pierce. you're probably wondering why one twin is apart of it and the other isn't? there's a simple answer to that, she didn't want to be apart of it.

all her life, valerie has had to share everything she owned with santana. yea they're sisters, twins at that, but sometimes it just gets kind of annoying. so valerie let santana have her two best friends, and she had her own.

that was a lie, she didn't have friends. sure she would talk to the girls on the team, and sure she would join the unholy trinity's sleepovers once in a while. but she never had someone to call her best friend. well there are maybe two people...

finn hudson and mike chang. football players. finn was the quarterback and mike was the wide receiver, whatever that meant. she met the two at freshman orientation, mike and finn had already known each other beforehand considering they went to elementary school together. finn had got lost and was looking for mike when valerie had found him sitting on a bench outside. mike had eventually found finn and valerie, and ever since that day the three had been close.

and as nice as it was to have them, she wanted girl friends. she wanted to have sleepovers and paint each other's nails. she wanted to talk about the things she couldn't talk to finn or mike about.

valerie had a boyfriend, his name was matt rutherford, he was also best friends with mike and finn. matt was a really sweet guy, and he's also super romantic. and as much as she likes dating him, something wasn't right. technically, they were forced into dating. the unholy trinity plus valerie were all dating football players, santana dated puck, brittany dated mike, quinn dated finn, and valerie dated matt. it was very cliche for the popular cheerleaders to date the popular football players, it was a stereotype that they just happen to follow. 

"valerie, i swear if coach takes our tanning privileges away because of you im going to literally commit a crime!" santana yelled from downstairs. "i'm coming shut up! and you're already tan." valerie yelled back. she looks in her bedroom mirror tightening her ponytail and smoothing out her cheerios uniform. she lets out a deep breath before grabbing her things and heading downstairs.