Beauty

"5.6.7.8" Shelia hit her drum sticks in the air. Smashing the snare and toms. Levi invited me to rehearsals again, after seeing Vanessa I could really use some time out. It wasn't in the abandoned building this time but in a beautiful ball room.

The room had a stage and equipment, lights and speakers. Everything was professional.

Prince seemed off, he wore shades and he sang different than before. More soft and raspy, as if he wasn't trying to use his throat much. Levi strummed his guitar strings and rocked his body side to side.

Today was cooler, it sprinkled just a bit and became harder rains throughout the rest of the day. Prince's body language looked tired "Take 5" his song wasn't even finished yet. He barley got through 17 seconds of the song, but everyone obeyed his direction.

He took a sit on a bench in the far corner.

Levi noticed my curiosity with him, he made his way over. Sipping his water, "He probably has a cold" My eyes darted back to him "He's always catching some kinda cold. Especially in this kinda weather" Prince sniffled which I could hear from the other side of the
room.

"Hey, you wanna come to the club with us later?" The club was the last place I'd go, I know a lot of people I worked with and am
still associated with that work there.

Everyone looked like they could use a break, especially Prince.

"I'll see what I can do, I mean we do stay in the same house" we both laughed. While they got set for another song Prince stood in his corner, Cat stretched and Sheila practiced her
drums.

I was left on a bench.

A head ache thumped through my brain. Vanessa was on my mind, I was afraid she'd say something she wasn't supposed too. There was no real reason I got, as to what she was doing at Levi's house yesterday.

Prince got up from his chair. He traveled towards me, my heart skipped a beat. My eyes followed the stage, trying not to make eye contact.

"You follow him everywhere don't you" No one knew, I had to play it cool. "No.... We're just close and he likes to show me his band" Prince chuckled. "His band" he played with his knuckles.

"Sorry I meant yours" his eyes made me
tingle.

This wasn't the first time we'd talked but every time we did it was like the first time all over again. "It's all good" he placed his body near mine, our shoulders brushed against each other.

"So you sick?" He sniffled.

Calmly, "No I'm sick" his sarcastic tone made me smirk. Levi and Cat talked while they got ready, the rest of the crew did the same. "What crawled up your boxers and died?" Two can play that game.

"Who said I was wearing any?" He whispered. I felt shivers, His joke made me quake.

Rolling my eyes, "Blow my brains out" I faked a gag. He scooted closer, I straightened my spine. Levi lost his contact with Cat and was now examining me and Prince's
conversation. "You should go to the club with us later, can you dance?" Debating wasn't my favorite thing to do, It's like you can't say
no.

"I'll see" the same response I gave L.

Taking a break from the streets was the best unplanned plan I had yet. There wasn't any stress or worry, except my unsure stay at Levi's place. I wasn't sure how long I'd stay, I hoped to find a place some time soon but I've built a small friendship with Levi, I don't want that to end.

He was the only friend I had that wasn't using me for money or lust.

-
"What's your favorite color?" Cat and I searched through the colors of nail polishes the salon carried on display.

Cat invited me out for a girls day, she said she'll pay fully which I couldn't deny. I've never been pampered before and I barley knew her so in this time I thought I'd get to know her
more.

"Uhh idk maybe orange or red" her eyes searched for the center. Reds on one side and oranges on the other, "Maybe this one?" She pulled a dark blood red. The color ringed my liking "Hell yeah" she handed me the
polish. We got in our seats as the ladies
began to shave our nails.

"So Levi? You and him" She winked. The nail techs prepped our hands, "Noooo, we're just friends" she smiled. The salon was beautiful, the decor was gold and white and the seats were dark reds and browns.

"You and Prince?" I had already asked Levi about their relationship but I wanted a clear verification. "We'll...." She paused, her face flushed red and her eyes lit. Was she into him? I mean Levi said they had history but history repeats it's self.

"Oooh you like him" her face turned as red as a tomato.

We laughed & talked through our entire appointment. Since the salon was in the mall we stopped at the food court for something to eat, we got pretzels and slushees.

As we walked and talked I brought up Prince once again, "You know if you want, I can try to see if Prince likes you back" Her lips curled around the red straw, slurping the icy beverage. Cat's eyes brightened "You would seriously do that for me?" I smiled and nodded my head.

Squeezing me tightly, Cat and I headed through the revolving doors and into her white sedan.

Cat a new friend of mine and if she wants the help I offered her than so be it.