Adventure Begins

I woke up early too excited to rest today was going to be the best day of my life so far. My name is Cameron Brand and today was the day I'd get my first Pokemon. I knew exactly which one I wanted already I want Scorbunny the fire type starter. I checked the time and saw it was 8:00am, and decided to get ready to get my Pokemon. I quickly got dressed in a red tank top, black jeans, and black sneakers. I looked in a mirror to see my black hair was messy like always it was hanging in my green eyes slightly. It didn't matter it wasn't like it looked bad so I didn't both to fix it at all. I ran down the stairs ignoring the last few steps by jumping over the rail. I saw my mom looking at me in amusement from the kitchen.

"Well someone's excited. You can go get your pokemon after breakfast. Then I'll see you off at Wedgehurst station." My mom said as she placed a plate of bacon and eggs in front of me. I wolfed my food down as mom ate with me at a much slower pace.

"I can't believe it. My baby's going to be going to be leaving." Mom said and I could see her tearing up. I stopped eating for a moment.

"I won't be gone forever mom. I promise I'll visit whenever I can, but we both know what my goal is." I said smiling at her as she nodded and then looked like she just remembered something.

"I almost forgot. Leon came home earlier, and gave me this to give to you." Mom said as she handed me a piece of paper.

"He said it's a gift for getting your first pokemon. Apparently he gave one to Hop too since he gave Hop a Pokemon earlier." Mom said as I unfolded the paper. I nearly dropped the paper in shock after seeing what it was. It was a recommendation for to compete in the Champion Cup. I'll have to remember to thank Leon when I see him before stripping him of his champion status.

"He's recommended me for the Champion Cup." I said smiling as mom gasped before a smile overtook her expression.

"Guess I have more reason to watch the competition this year." She said as I nodded before finishing my food. I gave her a hug before opening the door.

"I'll see you at the station mom, love ya!" I said as I ran as fast as possible to the Pokemon professor. As I ran I saw my friend and rival Shaquita Williams leave her house. She smiled when she saw me which just proves how long we've been friends cause Shaquita hates most men. Hop, Leon, and I are basically the only exceptions.

"I guess we're going to the same place." She said as she was wearing her normal outfit which consisted of a yellow sweater under a black jacket, black leggings, gold triangle earrings, and black sneakers with a PokeBall logo on the sides. She has brown hair that's shorter than mine but just as messy, and amber eyes. She was also shorter than me since she was 5'6 and I'm 5'10.

"Guess so but I'm getting there first." I said as I started running again with Shaquita just behind me. When we were just a few houses away I saw another familiar face come into view. Sally Winslow was another childhood friend, but while I've known Shaquita pretty much since we were both babies I've only known Sally since I was 8. She lived in Circhester city until she was 8 then she moved here with her parents. We bonded pretty quickly, and after she got used to Shaquita hitting on her they became friends as well. Eventually the 3 of us developed a friendly rivalry, and now we were competing for the biggest prize to be the Galar region's new champion.

"Guess we all are on our way to the professor." I said smiling with excitement. Sally looked over at us and smiled softly.

"Hey guys. Man I thought I'd be the only one going over there this early." Sally said smiling. She has long straight red hair, and green eyes. She was wearing a brown shirt under an orange jacket, blue jeans with a brown belt, black and white sneakers, green fingerless gloves, a red hat with a white bill and flower design, and had a red bag with her.