1

I'm currently sitting in my moms car waiting for her to come out of a 'Meeting' and I've been waiting out here for three hours and it's starting to get dark , I've tried calling her a multiple times and still no reach and just when I thought of ca...

I'm currently sitting in my moms car waiting for her to come out of a 'Meeting' and I've been waiting out here for three hours and it's starting to get dark , I've tried calling her a multiple times and still no reach and just when I thought of calling her again she suddenly opens the car door and she looked a mess.

"Stop slouching it's embarrassing" she said to me fixing her hair and makeup "sorry but you was taking too long so I got comfortable " I told her sitting up , I thought meeting would usually be for an hour not three "Didn't I teach you not to be inpatient? Your supposed to sit still and wait for me to finish what I'm doing" she said glaring at me "sorry mother" I quickly responded looking out the window.

"I wouldn't talk to you this way if only you listened" she sighed , apparently this is what she calls tough love and I got used to it as I got older and one day I just learned to accept it , it's really nothing I can do about it because everything I have her or my father bought and I've been thinking of getting my own job and providing for myself but I just don't know where to start .

"RAYA!" My mother yelled breaking me out my trance "I'VE BEEN SAYING YOUR NAME FOR A WHILE" why is she still yelling "yes mother?" I said calmly "grab my bag out the back seat" she told me looking at the road , she is really complicated it's like dealing with a child "be a doll and put a cigarette in my mouth and light it for me" she said and I am really ready to hop out of this car.

When I was looking for the cigarettes I come across a bottle of pills "Mom what's  this?" I said holding the pills up and her eyes widened "Put them back now! That's my medicine" since when was she taking medicine "It's a green light go" I told her still holding the pills "why are you taking medicine?" I questioned her , she probably won't answer me but I'll still ask anyways "None of your business now put them back before I do something you'll regret" when she said that I immediately put them back in the bag and gave her the cigarette.

"Good girl now never question me ever in your life again" She said in a threatening tone and I know that was my que to not push any further "Good afternoon Mrs.Miller welcome home" the security greeted my mother as he opened the gate but she didn't say anything she just continued to drive "you could've at least said hello" I mumbled without thinking she'd hear but apparently she did because I felt a sting on my cheek "YOU UNGRATEFUL BITCH I'M TIRED OF YOU DISRESPECTING ME!" She yelled as tears started to form in my eyes "Get out of my car"she said quietly the first time "I'm sorr-" I tried to apologize "I SAID GET OUT" she screamed which cause me to run into the house.

When I ran into the house my family sitting there but they didn't say anything they just continued as they were so I went straight to my room and shut the door as I let the tears slowly fall down , this isn't something new but every time it happens it just hurts me mentally more and more.

"Raya wake up it's time for dinner" My brother Ben said tapping me , he's probably the only one I can trust in this house "I'm up thank you , let me wash my hands then I'll be down there in a minute" he replied with a small ok , Ben is the youngest out of the three of us then there's Belle she's the middle child and I'm the oldest Raya and everyone in my family name starts with a B besides me I guess my parents figured out they wanted their kids names to start with a B after I was born.

When I go down stairs everyone was already eating I was hoping they wouldn't mind me showing up late  "Your late , either come down on time or stay in your room" My fathers voice stormed "excuse my rudeness father" I said to him and he gave me an acknowledging look which I assume that means I'm excused "Bethany where were you two earlier?" My father questioned my mother and she just sighed rolling her eyes " I told you already I was taking care of business so stop asking" I can tell my father was getting upset but she didn't care.

"I'll ask you one more time...where were you two" he said glaring at her but she didn't let that get to her "None of your damn business" when she said that he launched at her about to put his hands on her but he stopped and looked at us "Go up to your room" he said sternly and when I looked at my siblings I can tell they were terrified and so was I but I don't want to let them see that "come on let's go" I told them and they followed me upstairs and then we went our separate ways and the rest of the night consisted of yelling and screaming.