Prologue: The Florists

From the beginning of time, there were two that formed the world. One was of Life and Nature, the other Death and Darkness. The two were very different, but without the other, the world would go unbalanced. The goddess of Life and Nature created creatures to inhabit the planet the two protected and left them to enjoy the life she had created for them. But, to her dismay, the god of Death and Darkness had to take a role in her creation to balance it. The creatures became half and half. One side took care of nature and loved their life and others, the other half was dark and ruthless, and they craved only death for anyone and anything.

Out of the goddess' love towards those who took care of the earth, and loved life itself, she granted them the gift to obtain the powers of nature through precious, sacred flowers. When they accepted her gift humbly, she proclaimed them with an honored name that would allow them to be able to rule the lands of the earth for generations to come: The Florists. But, to balance this gift, it had to come with a price. If a person not of The Florist's bloodline tried to steal and rule the land, the god of Death and Darkness would consume the land with a curse, causing everything to blacken, and singe to ash.

From then on, the gifts of the sacred flowers went through many generations of rulers, all stemming from the Florist's bloodline. Everyone had accepted the goddesses' wishes for their gift, and no one dared to go against them, for they knew the punishment they'd face if they ever did. But, that didn't mean someone eventually would cross the line. Cruel, selfish people were still being born into the world who might have the courage to go against the goddess. But, the people of the land forced the terrifying idea out of their minds. They believed no one ever would have enough boldness to go against such a request from a generous goddess.

But that was until,

Someone actually did...

~⚜🌹⚜~

My name is Amelia Rose. The princess of the kingdom of Florists. I was born into the world granted the gift of the sacred Rose due to my bloodline going back to the very first Florists who ever walked our planet. Those who are lucky enough to be chosen to obtain the power of one of these sacred flowers are distinguished by a symbol of the flower which is then marked on our chests. My mark is of the Rose, symbolizing love, beauty, and courage. Because I have become one with this sacred flower, I also obtain these qualities.

Those who wield power like mine are destined to have a promising life since only females are granted this power, for we are the ones that contain the seed of life to be able to carry and birth the next generation. To follow the goddess of Nature and Life's wishes, I am a suitor for the next male to the throne, whoever that may be, in order to keep the Florist's bloodline within the royal's bloodline to rule our land.

I was born both a royal and a Florist who was chosen to obtain the power of the Rose and was the only one that wielded the Rose's power. I was an extremely rare breed. But, even though I had all these qualities, a woman was not allowed to rule a kingdom. They were destined to be with a man, who was created to lead, guide, and rule over the lands, while the female's jobs were to conceive and birth the next heirs to the throne which was an extremely important and well-honored position. Women were not looked down upon, but I couldn't help but wish to be able to rule without the need of man.

I haven't exactly had a good example of a king. When I was little, I believed my father to be the best king that ever walked the palace floors! But as I grew, I slowly began to realize the people's view of the king, and my own new perception of him. He was lazy, selfish, and careless to those around him. I didn't want to believe it at first, but I am certain he only wants to rule for his own selfish benefits, and to live high and above everyone else's lives. Even mine.

His neglect has left me feeling very alone. I don't have a mother to guide me, and I don't have a father who wants to. I had to fend for myself most of my years, and learn to meditate my powers on my own. This leaves me with an emptiness towards him, as a want to rid him from the throne grows and burns inside me silently. I know deep down I wanted to rule fairly to my people, and am convinced that even I, a female, would be able to rule more justly than the king who currently sat at the throne. It seems horrible, and dishonorable to think... But who could truly blame me?

The fact he'll be choosing a spouse for me due to my coming of age, I have to act fast before my duties are chained to a man of his liking, to only conceive, and bear children the rest of my days.

I was going to find a way out of these closed-in, cold palace walls and get the help I needed to fulfill my plans.

And I was

Determined.