4 || I know you, want to know?

Just outside Rosalie's room door, Jinx stood, still holding onto the door handle. Her head touched the door with her eyes still closed. I wish you'd tell me what's going on Rosalie... the first time we've met, seemed suspicious to me, like-

Jinx paused looked away, opening her eyes slightly. Letting out a breath, lifting her head and letting her hand go from the door handle. Jinx clutched her hand in a fist. "Nevermind, it's none of my business to be concern over trivial matters" she spoke quietly, turning away to head back to where she set up the dinner she prepared for Rosalie's return. "she'll come out to eat when she's ready" 

Pulling out a stool and sat down on it, picked up a fork to start eating. Munching on it quietly. Jinx begins to think.

Rosalie sat on the floor, holding her old ID, for a couple of minutes, before she put it in the open briefcase. 

"is this all a mistake? is it?" she asked herself, opening her eyes letting out a sigh. "why did I join those girls to become Secret Agents in the first place?" 

Rosalie sighed, looking at her secret agent phone, she hesitated on powering it off, for a couple of seconds, to deciding on turning off the ringer on the side. She settled on resting it into her backpack on her dresser. She'll charge it. Maybe. Never. Rosalie closed the silver briefcase with two clicks and  put it back in her closet and closed the doors. Rosalie let out a sigh. time to forget about it? 

Even though, what is actually bothering her, is that Jinx saw her silver briefcase and is truly worried, that she will be questioned about it. Rosalie turned away and went out of her room to sit down and eat with Jinx, with a smile on her face.

It had been silent at the table. Too silent. Rosalie glanced up at Jinx trying to guess what she was thinking about. Neither of them said anything. Both just ate in complete silent. It was awkward. Rosalie finished what she had on her plate and put the fork and knife down and looked up at Jinx. Swallowing the remaining food she had been chewing on, she removed her hand away from her mouth. "Jinx, I know this is sudden, and I know I haven't been truly honest on my previous job is-" she paused 

Jinx raised her hand, interrupting Rosalie, from speaking. "Rose, I'm not curious what you do at your previous job... if it's doesn't concern me, I don't plan on asking-"

"but- please listen, I want to tell you, since I don't work there anymore and what you just seen-" she responded loosely

Jinx blinked at Rosalie. "I know, what I've seen, and you might have a logical explanation of hiding it-" Jinx assured her, and hinting that Jinx really didn't care of actually knowing. Jinx got up from the table pushing the chair back as she got up grabbing her plate with fork and knife on it, in the process.

"I know, but- aren't you curious?" Rosalie stood up as she blurted it out at Jinx. "like I stated when we've met, I quit doing my job! so I can actually talk about it now!" 

Rosalie looked at Jinx, confused. Jinx had her back turned to her. She let out a huge sigh. I am curious, but it'll be too hard for you to talk about it... "Rosalie, I am not interested in what your job was!" she spoke in a harsh tone.

Jinx walked over to the kitchen in a fast pace to put her plate and utensils in the sink, so Rosalie won't say anything more. Rosalie looked shocked. "but- but- don't you want to know that I use to work as a secret agent?" she asked to herself looking sad.

Rosalie grabbed her empty plate and utensils that lay on top. She left the table to head into the kitchen. She saw Jinx looking away, avoiding her sight. "Just put your dishes in the sink and walk out" she softly spoke.

Rosalie did as she was told, but she didn't leave the kitchen, just yet. "Jinx?" she asked.

Jinx looked at Rosalie with a soft angry gaze. "please don't bring that up, when I'm not interested in hearing it. okay" 

Rosalie sighed, and turned away. "by the way, I do have a drivers license I just didn't tell you since I don't really enjoy vehicles" she spoke to her as she turned the corner. 

Jinx looked up, seeing that Rosalie is no longer there. She hugely sighed, creating a small fist with her hand. it's the only way for you to stop bringing it up... what I saw is very suspicious of you and it fact I want to tell you that I was curious, by it... however I do not want to seem like I was being nosy... 

***

Rosalie quickly went into her room to see if her regular phone is charged to the top. Turns out it's just reached 90%. She then realized and went to grab her old phone. She removed it from her backpack. "maybe, I could try to get Jinx to be aware of my former secret agency job?" she spoke quietly closing her eyes pleading that it's worth a shot.

Rosalie left her room and headed out of the room and down to the living room she sat on the couch in front of the Television. She flicked the Television on and changed to a random channel. She turned on the phone and almost had a mini heart attack at the notifications, missed calls and texts on the lockscreen.

She ignored them and swiped to open to the homescreen. Upon doing so Rosalie made sure she had the built in tracker turned off completely.

"Phew" she sighed, with relief it's still off, if that was on, the agency I used to work with, will find me and question me... she thought

Jinx came out of the kitchen a few seconds later, and noticed Rosalie was on a 'new' phone. Rosalie looked up and focused browsing the phone"before you say anything, no this isn't a new phone"  she spoke without keeping at eye off the phone.

"then why haven't I saw you using it?" Jinx asked sitting in a chair that was near Rosalie. 

"You probably did, when we've met?" she asked looking at her, while holding the old phone. 

"uh... no I don't think I remember using that phone?" she asked scratching her head. 

Rosalie moved the remotes to the side table that split between the couch and the chair. I thought she noticed it near me at the coffee shop, but I guess not... "well I did have it... near me" she scoffed a little. "besides this was the one that I'm holding which rang, since my more normal phone or the google pixel 6 was charging..." 

more normal... what do you mean? Jinx tried to ask the question to Rosalie, but it wouldn't come out. so all she did was close her mouth, that was gaping wide open.

"why it rang, that's partly my fault since I couldn't keep it powered off" she responded directly to Jinx. "before you could say anything I don't know the software this phone has?" 

In the progress of explaining to Jinx, Rosalie deleted the group chats she was in, and all the single chats she had with her former spy squad. Team Bell. Heck she even deleted her ex messages. Rosalie even cleared the phone calls, while she was at it and some of the contacts. Jinx sighed and grabbed the remote and flipped the channel to something else.

"I know you are curious on what I did, Jinx?" asked Rosalie looking at her now turning off the phone, putting it on lockscreen once more. Sitting up, she put her phone face up on the table. 

"no, I am okay, Rosalie" she said annoyed at Rosalie's question, shrugging it off irritably. 

"okay..." narrowing her eyes at Jinx up and down, before focusing on the television. smirking slightly "you know you don't have to deny being curious Jinx? and I'm willingly to tell you?"

Jinx slammed her hand onto the side table, with a fast jolt to the irritation she was having. "Enough, I'm not denying anything, I am not curious with anything, can you please drop it Rosalie Shionia Palladium?!" yelled Jinx flashing her angered gaze at Rosalie, which seconds later Jinx felt a prick of slight stab of the pain when she slammed her right hand against the side table. She held her hand with her other hand, soothing it.

Rosalie noticed some frustration and a bit of curiosity within Jinx's gaze, but she didn't say anything more about it, to get Jinx even more riled up. So she stayed quiet, and looked away. she was again in her thoughts. I just know that you are curious, and want to know more about me Jinx... what is holding you back? I can tell you were curious from the day you came up to me in that coffee shop asking if you can sit down opposite, from where I was... Rosalie closed her eyes for a second, with her hand up to her chin.

Rosalie jolted out of her thoughts as she heard Jinx turned on the Television Guide, to see what's else is on. she was mumbling... as she was flipping. 

Rosalie looked at Jinx for a moment, before to down at the table where her Spy Phone sat. "No questions, nothing..." mumbled Rosalie picking it up once again. "I took this out, for nothing"

As it got late, in the night. Jinx turned off the television and got up, from the chair to stretch her muscles. She turned to Rosalie "well I think it's time for us to go sleep, don't you think?" 

Rosalie snorted awake, after dosing off a couple of times. "Ah yes" she sat up, grabbing a hold of the spy phone with one hand, upon getting to her feet. "I guess I should go to my bed?" she yawned moving one of her legs she stumbled off to her room sleepily.

"oh Jinx goodnight" she looked at Jinx, lifting her hand up to signature that she's heading off, before she stumbled down the hallway to where her bedroom lay.

Jinx nodded and followed Rosalie hoping to help her friend balance, but restrained herself, from actually doing it. "goodnight" she whispered.

too be continued...