The Darkest Knight

I placed the needlepoint gently down…a wicked impish smile creeping slowly across my mouth. I thought back to earlier in the day when I’d had last spoken with him. He did not know of my feelings…my wanton desire for him. Neither could he for he would surely play upon the fact at every opportunity.

My hand strayed idly to my breast…lost in my own thoughts. The window was slightly ajar and it was a cool summers evening…. I lay propped against the many cushions that covered the large oak bed, my flimsy cotton nightgown loosely falling around my shoulders secured only with a drawstring around the wide neck.

I stretched up my neck, my eyes partially closed…gently chewing on my bottom lip with my teeth…. a deep sigh escaping from my lips as I gently relaxed.

My eyelids fluttered open and then closed as my hand continued to stroke gently against the cotton material of my nightdress. My left nipple stiffened with each feather light stroke of my fingers.

I continued to think of him.

With my mind now wandering…. and with my other hand snaking down my body…slowly, tantalizingly slowly down, down lower into the darkened velvetiness that although already wet…  damp… was begging urgently for me to meet it with my own touch, wanting, needing…. craving to be satisfied.

My eyelids fluttered open briefly as I guiltily …spread my legs slightly, the material of my nightgown now crumpled up around my hips where I had pulled it…the cool night air now on the skin of my legs and thighs. The room only lit by a solitary candle…casting dark shadows that seemed to dance on the walls.

I thought of him, of how he stared in that delicious long manner at me a long stern stare with the hint of a smirk. I knew his thoughts, I’d fantasised often   what he’d be like. Unconsciously my fingers started to stroke gently against my folds, finding the spot that delicious spot that craved release…I let out a low moan and a soft gasp, almost jumping, juddering as my fingers made contact, first softly and then harder.

I lay my head back against the pillow, my breath caught in my throat, lost in my own personal daydream.  Breathing deeply exhaling slowly. I’d not envisaged the loud crack as the door was forcibly flung open and there he stood.

I snatched my hand away and scrabbled from the bed…it was not seemly for a lady of my standing to be seen in such flimsy attire especially not in front of him of all people.

“My lord”…*I swallowed slowly…almost too afraid to speak*

“My…my door?”

I tried to steady myself against the bed for my legs had suddenly become shaky and I felt myself trembling in his presence* 

I waited for him to speak, aware his eyes were boring into me…looking me up and down…at a guess I’d say half mesmerised by my state of undress.

I became conscious of his eyes taking in my small frame. Devouring me with every inch of his gaze, I instinctively shielded my hands to my breasts aware the cool night air and the draft from the wide open door had had the effect he was so hungrily looking at.

“My Lord?” I offered in a small voice…trembling “what is it you wanted?”

He stood in the doorway for what seemed like eternity a small smirk gradually creeping across his face, when he moved he strode purposely across to the window firstly looking out of it  “Outlaws!” his soft booming voice echoed around my chamber. He spun around his blue eyes blazing “I’ve been sent on the orders of the sheriff” there it was again, that slight smirk.

I swallowed slowly again staring with wide eyes at him. I blindly looked around my room, my composure now being eroded by that stare of his. “Well” I practically squeaked ‘As you can see” my mouth now dry, my lip trembling “there is no one here? no outlaws?” I ventured carefully.