Drunken Babble

It was a beautiful sunny day outside.

Birds are singing, flowers are blooming, and Spring was at its peak...

That being said, none of that really matters to Alberu, who was in the middle of a meeting when his personalized Communication Device beeped red, startling him and forcing the quarter dark elf to stop the intense meeting knowing who was the caller.

That monarch was expecting the view of blood and grim view to be greeting them as soon. Heck, he was so ready to resound the alarm for an emergency, as he realized that it was his trouble magnet sworn brother who had called.

That being said, that newly crowned Emperor was not prepared for this sight before him.

"Dongsaeng, Are you... drunk...?"

Baffled.

Instead of blood and gore, the red that he sees on the redhead was the flush on the younger male's cheeks that spreads to his entire face and even neck.

'Is this for real?'

That monarch couldn't help but wonder.

Cale Henituse, that noble who's known as the Continental Hero has his two buttons loosened up with a sheepish smile decorating his face.

"No? ...well, maybe?"

Alberu raises a brow in surprise since Cale has never really gotten drunk before. His face just easily got flushed per the noble's own claim.

"Hey, where are you right now? Is there someone around?"

"Yeah. Choi Han is leaving with the kids for a bit, so I only have these three crazy alcoholic bastards-"

"Hmm? Well, I can see Miss Cage. So, who are the other two?"

"Glenn and Bud- actually Bud, that punk was the one who told this bet that you ain't gonna pick up. Saying something like he'd be too busy to listen to the rant of his drunk dongsaeng"

"Uhh..."

Cale sounded giddy as he giggled while raising his bottle.

"Well, I just won 3 bags of silver coins. So that's great~"

Leaning closer, Those Reddish-brown pair dazedly stared at the monarch from behind the screen.

"You wouldn't let me down and hang up now, right, Hyung-nim...?"

"Well. I mean, it is not the appropriate time, dongsa—"

Suddenly a burst of laughter could be heard from Cale's right.

"BAHAHAHA!!! TOLD CHA! His majesty would be too busy, Cale! Oh, poor lad~"

"why don't you just be our dongsaeng instead, hmm? We'll listen to you at least"

Bud and Cage teased the younger whose eyebrows twitched in absolute annoyance.

"Ha! Why would I need YOU to be my Hyung and Noona? Without disrespect, Miss Cage, but I'm not looking for anyone else for that position- though WITH ALL DISRESPECT TO YOU BUD. Stop bugging me for it, wouldn't you!!!"

The Mercenary King just laughed out loud some more.

"What~? Why not? Your dearest Hyung-nim doesn't want to deal with you, right? I have money and good looks too~ and I am a King as well if you looked at it. Aren't I a better choice?"

Hearing this, the edges of Alberu's smile began to twitch, though he's trying his best not to show it.

He glanced to his guests.