You Didn't Name Them?!?!

Please note that I start referring to Ben, as just Prime because typing Ben Prime over and over again was getting on my nerves.

----------------------------------------

Third Person's P.O.V.

"I hope this isn't what I think it is," Ben said as he skidded to a stop as XLR8.

He'd been called to check out a disturbance on the outskirts of Bellwood. There were reports of a huge shockwave that shook the ground for a couple miles alongside a bright flash of light. Initially, Ben thought it was your standard crash landing. But if that were the case, whatever it was would've been picked up by the plumber scanners dotted around the earth. So there was no telling what this could be. Whether it was friendly or hostile, no one had a clue.

Why can't anything ever be easy?

In a flash of green light Ben detransformed. He coughed a couple times as the dirt he kicked up from speeding over here settled. Once it was clear enough, Ben glanced around the area. Aside from the massive crater a few feet in front of him, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. As such, Ben walked up to the crater's edge. His eyes widened when he saw what- or rather who was laying unconscious in its center.

It was another Ben. One he didn't recognize.

"Please don't be evil," Ben muttered as he slowly made his way down to his counterpart from another timeline.

Despite his best effort, Ben lost his footing and tumbled the rest of the way down the crater. He nearly collided with his counterpart but managed to stop just short of barreling them over. Ben held his breath as he waited for the resulting dust cloud to dissipate. Somehow, the alternate Ben wasn't disturbed by this at all.

"Phew," Ben finally exhaled.

As soon as he said that, his alternate self shot upwards. Their green eyes darting around frantically as they clambered to their feet. They were just about to slam the dial of the omnitrix down to transform when their eyes landed on Ben. They halted their course of action immediately.

The two Bens stared at each other. Neither daring to make the first move as they didn't know how the other would react. Soon, the Ben from another timeline broke eye contact in favour of glancing around more carefully. Once done, they returned their gaze to Ben Prime. Fear and confusion clouding their eyes as they finally opened their mouth to speak.

"I'm not in my world, am I?"

-page break-

"So you're telling me that I'm stuck here until either Professor Paradox shows up to escort me back to my timeline, you locate some guy named Mr. Hokestar or when the technicians can get your dimension-hopping devices back online?"

"Yeah pretty much," Ben Prime confirmed.

"I'm gonna be here forever," the other Ben, who was now being referred to simply as 'B' to lessen confusion until he got home, groaned as he flopped back on the couch he was sitting on.

"You won't be here forever," Ben Prime assured.

B propped himself up on his elbows and gave Ben Prime an incredulous look.

"I've dealt with this kind of thing before," Prime said.

"Wait- You've met other Ben's before?" B asked, his tone one of curiosity.

"More than you think," Prime answered.

"Have any of them been very similar to you?"

"In some ways yes," Prime began, "but most of them have been radically different due to their circumstances."