Hash

As she stood there at 11:00 pm looking out the open window she knew this would be a mistake.

She stood over the desk looking at the compact cubes of 'grass' she slowly grabbed one and started crumpling it up into the thin piece of notebook paper.

As she rolled it up using saliva to seal it she could tell she was in too deep. It was too late now.

Walking over to her dresser she grabbed the lighter she already had set up and ready for whenever she needed it.

She slowly wrapped the end together, rolling it in between her pointer and thumb. As she started sparking the lighter immediate regret washed over her.
"Should I be doing this?"

In the end the answer was yes as the lighter finally sparked a flame and she brought the twisted end over the flame slightly burning her thumb as she did so.

After letting it smolder for a bit, she put the open end up to her mouth and took a big inhale, not exactly knowing how to do it.
She coughed as it burned her throat quickly setting it down at the window and rushing over to a can of tea that was previously opened.

Taking a few big gulps from it she returned to the window, breathing in for another hit of it.

After almost completely finishing it she felt the most calming sense of relief wash over her.

It felt like she was floating on a cloud, her mind was foggy but just as she was enjoying the high she heard the door to the basement slowly open causing her to panic.

She started spraying perfume everywhere to cover up the scent of smoke and ash.

Then after a few minutes she heard the door close again her father returning to the basement.

She had done it without getting caught..

authors note:
it's short but I had an idea