Short story

Jarrod POV
It's a nice sunny morning, my father whose a well respected diplomat for the East. Have been selected to be the ambassador for the resent independent Northern side.

When we crossed the border, everywhere I see are destroyed buildings and homeless people everywhere. It makes the luxury limousine we're on very out of place. "War, it sad how it can destroyed a country in a matter of seconds." "Yeah dad."

The area we're staying are at the rich side of the country that didn't effect from the war. It was like night and day. The place is amazing, clean and modern.

We arrive at the embassy first to check the facility. Outside hundreds of reporters were already waiting for our arrival. After that, we were drove to where we would live. It's still in the rich area, a white modern mansion near the city.

We then rest for the day. At night, me and my dad got ready to meet the country new President. "Why did you just bring me dad? What about the others and mom to join stay with us here?" I ask him.

He looks at me "because you're my junior" and he rub my hair, ruining it. "Dad...." And he laughed.

Zoey POV
"Do I have to wear this dress?" I complained to my mom. "Listen now, we're going to have dinner with diplomat from the East remember, to make a relationship with the country." I sigh "I don't like wearing it, it's too tight." "Now, now. You're being dramatic." And I giggled.

She kissed my cheek "I'll let you put your make up yourself" "Thanks mom" I said to her before she closed the door of my room.

While putting on makeup,my thoughts wonder. It's been awhile since we had dinner together as a family. Glad the war ended. "Sister! Dad said we'll be leaving in 5 minutes." My little brother Jonathan told me. "Alright Jonny!"

When I walked down the stairs, my dad open his arms and hug me. "There's my princess." "Dad, I'm 22!" And chuckled. "Still can't understand why do I have to attend this dinner." He smiles "You'll see."

We left the Presidential resident and on our way.

The restaurant have been booked for us only for safety reasons. Soon the Ambassador arrive with his son.... Jarrod!

Jarrod POV
The bodyguards helps, open the door. We walk and I'm in shocked!

~Flashback a few months ago~

"So you're going back to Northern side?" "Yeah, we finished our studies. So I have to return" she started crying.

I hug her and kiss her forehead "It's going to be alright." "I will write when I arrive. Since you know, afraid that the power isn't good there. Just incase" I laughed "Okay"

It been a few days now "The mail has arrive, sir" said the butler. "Thanks"

As I flicked  through the letters, a small, hand written envelope caught my attention and my heart began to thump. "You wrote" I said to myself and smile

~End of flashback~

Zoey POV
"Jarrod!" And hug him and he returned it tightly. We kissed and rested our forehead at eachother. A sound of a phone camera was heard and we immediately let go of eachother, blushing.

We look around and there's no reporters. "Wait! You guys planned this!" We both said together! And they all laugh.

"When did you knew, dad? We thought we hid it well" "yeah" "You really thought we don't know our own child?" "Am I right Charlie?" "Right back at you Frank".

Once dinner is done. We both have a quiet time together, "Can't believe they set us to meet all along" "yeah" his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

"I'm glad though." He said. "Cause I really missed you" "Me too" and sat at the outdoor fountain. Resting my head on his shoulder. "Me too"

The End