The notepad and greed

Have you ever thought of what would happen if the novel or book you were just reading suddenly became reality with the characters that you have known for more than 10 years of your boring life and is the only thing that may be preventing you from death?

Have you ever thought of what you would do if you realized that the characters you have read about were real people trapped inside with zero knowledge that they are actually part of a novel or book while you read their hardships and suffering for your own entertainment?

Have you ever thought of how you would react to waking up to an ordinary day just for it to go downhill and become the same novel or book that you were just reading?

How would you react?

Have you thought of it?

Kim Dokja had thought of the first and last one, never the second one, however. Kim Dokjas would fill his sketchbooks full of theories and ideas of what he would have done if he was in the protagonist's shoes. Kim Dokja would live his life in the shadows. Kim Dokja was supposed to be a side character and it was supposed to stay that way. Kim Dokja was not just a side character because he was also a reader.

Who are you to judge if you had to lie to people you have read about for your own deeds?

Who are you to judge for how one acts to see the people they grew up with turn real?

This was Kim Dokja's life.

When the apocalypse happened he did not feel any despair, instead, he felt free.

Kim Dokja could not do anything.

Kim Dokja was only a reader.

Kim Dokja was also an only child.

Kim Dokja was the son of a murderer.

Kim Dokja was selfish.

Kim Dokja was someone who wanted to be a protagonist.

Kim Dokja was someone who wished for everything to happen.

Kim Dokja was also a Dreamer.

Kim Dokja was never just HIM.

Kim Dokja was not Kim Dokja.

Kim Dokja was a Constellation.

Kim Dokja was not himself.

---

The notepad.

It was something Constellations of Dokkaebi Bihyung's channel has seen multiple times before, incarnations also have caught glimpses of it.

No matter what phone or device Kim Dokja took the suspicious blank notepad would appear.

No one except the Reader himself knew what was written on there.

Yoo Joonghyuk himself has seen it.

Yoo Joonghyuk has asked what was on the screen.

The Reader said nothing.

The Reader is Kim Dokja.

Kim Dokja should feel guilty.

Kim Dokja was lying to the very person he admired from a young age.

Kim Dokja was lying to the person who was told on the screen of his "notepad".

Kim Dokja wanted to be selfish for once.

Kim Dokja was always selfless.

Kim Dokja should have the right to be a bit selfish.

That should be how it is.

That should be how it stays.

The roles of the people shall remain the same.

Yoo Joonghyuk will stay as the protagonist.

Kim Dokja will stay as the reader.

You should fulfill your role.

You should never step out of your lines.

You should remain there.

Kim Dokja broke the rule.

Kim Dokja wanted to be the protagonist.

Kim Dokja was greedy.

Yoo Joonghyuk was also greedy.

Yoo Joonghyuk was greedy for the story to end.

Kim Dokja was greedy for the story to continue.

A human is a being that naturally desires.

Kim Dokja may have become a Constellation yet the Constellations always earned for a new story to look forward to and quench their thirst.

What would you have done...?

Is Kim Dokja really at fault...?

Kim Dokja only wanted to be loved...

Kim Dokja only wanted to be admired...

Kim Dokja only wanted to be appreciated...

Kim Dokja only wanted to be the protagonist...

________________________________________________________________________________

Notes: Hope you enjoyed this short af thing, this is a Oneshot but if this is hella good and a lot of people want this to continue then I will :D

Written by: JLMAA/Jess

Words in this chapter: 690