Prologue

"Li, you've been doing great at basketball lately, that's a surprise"

"Of course! since it's me"

Despite the dark, since it was 7 in the evening, I managed to see his lips quickly turn up into a smile as he chuckled at my reply.

"No joke it was all you Joshua, the advice that you told me and our practices last month is what made me want to be better at playing."

Joshua is the 'hyung' that I admire and look up to, if what he saw in me with our game today was great then his skills are far more excellent than mine. He is a transfer student from the U.S. and he transferred this year in his senior year in high school. It was 4 months ago when he joined our basketball team and it was fun with him.

But lately, he has stopped attending our practices although I know that he does not need practice as he already has the skill of a pro player and our coach acknowledges that. It became pretty lonely having practices without him and it's not just me who felt this, but also the other players.

He must have been very busy now that he is almost graduating from high school. So, I also understand why he does not attend the practices anymore.

Today is the day that I finally get to talk with him after not seeing him for days now but it seems there's something bothering him.

A while ago I was practicing here on the outdoor court near my neighborhood. Where my team and I often play when we don't have any practice. Later on, I saw Joshua walking toward the court which leads us to this conversation.

"Li"

I stood straight from the shock of the sudden change in Joshua's voice. I look at him to see his face which is showing a very serious expression.

Have I done something wrong? It's the first time that I see him looking this serious.

"Yeah? are you okay, Joshua? did I perhaps upset you?"

I began to panic. It's not usual for me to see Joshua this serious that he somehow kinda looks upset. This made me nervous that I did something wrong.

"Is this about the game? Did I break someone's leg?"

"Li"

"Oh God, then I have to go to the hospital and apologize to the person"

"Li"

"Or did I not let the other player switch with me that made them upset and told you about it and now you're here te-"

"Drake Lee"

"Hyung?" I replied as I felt both his hands on each side of my shoulder making me realize that he is still in front of me.

I pushed away all my thoughts when I heard him call me by my full name. He stared at me straight in the eyes and I gulped from nervousness. I can see that the look he is giving me is different and somehow I felt different too.

Knowing that his eyes were staring deeply at me made me freeze in my place.

This is not what I should feel. But this Joshua standing in front of me holding my shoulders as he stares into my eyes is a totally different person from the hyung that I always thought was cool.

"I like you"

And with those three words that came from his mouth, I became speechless.

...

"drake... drake... DUDE!"

"W-What??" I woke up from the loud voice who called me. 

"look there"

Sam's Thomas the train-like face is what welcomed me from my short nap with a nightmare. He eyed me to look in front. I scratched my neck feeling irritated that he woke me up. 

I looked in front with half of my eyes open, and I was then slapped by reality when I saw our terror professor's face showing me his 'you disobey my rules, get out look'.

I realized that I messed up.

I quickly stood up from my seat and apologized as I then walked towards the door of our room while hearing the laughter of sam and vincent. 

Are they even my friends? Who the heck laughs at their friend getting kicked out of the room?

Once I head out, I slammed my back unto the classroom's wall as I slid to sit on the floor.

Why the heck do I still dream of that confession? 

It was already 3 years ago and yet I am still remembering everything that happened on that day.

"Ah! I'm so sick of this"

Since that day, he has never left my mind.