- a valentine's letter -

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

the notification flashed.

What a start to the day, I grumbled as I threw my phone on the bed.

It's Valentine's day again;

I let out a long sigh as I looked out of my window.

Everyone looked so happy and content.

Why does no one ever like me?

As I look in the mirror, it hits me like a wave — the eyebags are getting darker and heavier.

'Just like your heart does, it wouldn't be long before it was underwater' my mind reminded me.

...In those shattered memories — it was such a good time then.

'And you ruined the one chance you had'

I did.. It still feels like yesterday when they spewed those venomous words.

"You hurt me!"

"Baby, please let me make it right, it'll be alright"

"What else is left to be made right?!"

I was left speechless as they walked out of the house and slammed the door.

That was the last time I saw them... alive.

Why was I still here despite it all?

But they hadn't just broke your heart —

They tore your soul into pieces,

And burned every piece of it in the fireplace;

Another reason to hate their kind.

I'd rather burn the world to save someone than let the world burn me to save itself.

'But you did it again!' the internal commotion was certainly loud today.

I sighed wistfully as I took another painful look at myself.

Why did I even bother to look at myself? I was going to look like shit anyway!

'Look at that tummy tuuummmmyyyyyy yes, it always hurts when someone comments about it, right? You didn't lose any of the weight you were sure you'd lose with these techniques.'

I looked at my bloated stomach and patted it, making me feel more sick than ever.

There was a permanent trail of tears down my cheeks - where did it lead to, anyway?

'Stop being such an over dramatic person. It's not going to bring them back'

Those eyes had become deeper shades of red, the puffy bags making my face look more uglier than it was.

'When was the last time you ate?'

Probably.. probably some days ago, I tried to mumble as I scratched my damp hair.

'A month ago!'

I had been surviving on those horseshit energy drinks for a month already?!

I held the sink tighter as my body started to wobble.

I need a break from my own head — it's drowning me.

'You can only wish. This is what you've brought down on yourself'

Fuck, I couldn't let my thoughts run so fast, I am only going to make it worse.