New York, I am Home...

Happy Valentine's Day!!!🥰🥰

In honour of hitting 10.000 hits on Doctor Love on AO3 and this wonderful day of Love, here's my little thank you to you all! Thank you for all the support, wonderful messages and love you keep sending me!! It's very much appreciated!! Keep it coming!! Hahaha

This story is complete, except for a follow-up chapter to be added very soon, with smut in it. That way you can choose to stop reading at their happy ending after chapter 1 without the smut or take it further in the next chapter. Up to you!!

The inspiration for the title I found in this song. I instantly loved it and its vibe. Hope you like it too!!

Janet May - New York, I am Home ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8koYPVjhznc

❤️

"Mr Tomlinson, it's here."

Louis looked up from his laptop just in time to see Sue walk into his office, a classic maroon pencil dress accentuating her feminine curves. She swayed her hips while walking up to his desk before handing him the cardboard packing.

Louis suppressed a smile. He knew she had a small crush on him, but the poor girl didn't stand a chance.

"Thank you, Sue. Could you get me a cup of tea too? And hold my calls for half an hour. I wanna read it and make sure they didn't twist any of my words."

"Of course, sir."

Sue at least always kept a professionalism about her, despite her crush, that Louis appreciated. That way he had never felt the need to address the matter. Nor did he now.

Sue left him to his own thoughts, briefly darting back in and out of the office with a cup of Yorkshire just the way he liked it.

Louis ripped the packaging and folded the cardboard open, revealing the magazine he had been waiting for in anticipation.

It looked glossy, classy and sophisticated. Good. Exactly the boxes he wanted to be ticked off when people thought about him and his business.

He stared at the swirly letters forming his name in the corner of the cover. Something flipped in his stomach. His mom would have been so proud of him. He let out a wistful sigh.

Louis himself was proud too even if he wasn't gonna say that out loud for anyone to hear. This coverage was a huge deal. Million Dollar Living magazine was the most upscale magazine about high-class living and the fact that they had asked him to be in it could make a great difference in his listings from now on.

He took a deep breath and flipped the magazine open, flipping pages, looking for the article about his modest person.

Another three pages further in is where he found it. His name spread across the page in thin capitals. His picture underneath, him sitting comfortably on his couch with a copy of the magazine flipped open. It was a piece about him and his company, yes, but also about his own apartment and the luxury interior he had bought for his home. It definitely showed off his good taste. Louis looked over the pages with an approving smile.

Yes, this was a huge deal.

<><><>

Niall flopped down onto the couch in Harry's small apartment, making himself comfortable in the cushions. The sun was shining and it was a lovely summer day. Too bad they couldn't sit outside since Harry didn't have a balcony or garden.