THIRTY NINE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Happy Valentine's Day my darlings. I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's very fitting for todays celebrations🥰🥰🥰

Once Cleo had been fed and she had been warmly welcomed from Mace, Alfie, Ripley and the rest of the pack, I could tell by her face she was exhausted

Once Cleo had been fed and she had been warmly welcomed from Mace, Alfie, Ripley and the rest of the pack, I could tell by her face she was exhausted. The bags under her eyes were turning purple and her shoulders slumped in my oversized hoodie.

She had been partially dead for seven days, I wouldn't exactly call that rest. Inside she was fighting to stay alive and push through the curse and black magic. Of course she's going to be tired, she literally reincarnated and sometimes I can't believe how strong that woman is.

I could tell she was trying her hardest to stay awake, fighting sleep so that she could be with her pack members. But I knew that she needed rest and everyone else could see that too. No matter how hard she was deflecting the idea, I was having none of it. She needed to sleep and to recover before she went into some kind of shock from exhaustion.

I excuse the both of us and take her up to bed, her body falling limp in my arms like a ragdoll. When I placed her down onto my bed, I pull the covers up and over her body, she looked so incredibly snug between the sheets.

Sliding in beside her and admiring her pure beauty, oh how did I get so lucky? I didn't want to leave her side, not for a second. Even if she was sleeping. Being this close to her was making my wolf purr with happiness, the hairs on my skin beginning to stand.

I raise my hand gently to brush over her soft cheek. She was still cold but hopefully my clothes and the duvet would soon warm her up.

My eyes fluttered shut and I was in and out of sleep, subconsciously trying to wake as often as I could so I could check on her. But she remained asleep for hours, at one point I had to check her pulse to make sure she was still alive.

I manage to take a breath when I feel her heartbeat through my fingers as I gently press into her wrist. A sigh releases from my lips and I roll onto my back, I knew that she needed sleep but I also wanted to hold her in my arms without waking her.

It had rolled around to the next day, light had slowly begun to filter into my room. Peeking through the gap in my blinds and reflecting across the walls.

A small grunt mumbles from Cleo's mouth, she shifts beneath the sheets and pulls her face down into a frown. I couldn't fight the smile that etched its way onto my lips as she raises her hands to rub her eyes thoroughly.

After a few seconds she cracks open her eyes, takes one glance around the room before they settle on mine. She blinks a couple times before smiling. "Hi," she breathes out slowly.

"Hi sleepyhead," I say softly as I cup the side of her cheek again, brushing my thumb against the softness of her skin. "How are you feeling?"

"Groggy," she says instantly. "And cold."