Red Rope

My fingers scrunched my coiled curls, still damp from the peach scented cream I put in. Since Prince and Levi wanted me to hit the club I figured why not. It'd been a while since I've last partied and I knew I could use it. Cat and I got some outfits at the mall earlier, a few of which I had to choose between.

A silk satin mid dress, a one piece black with mesh pants, red Mini dress, or jeans and a shirt. Any crazy person would go with the last choice so I went with the silk satin mid dress, it fit but was a little big on the cleavage part. Which I didn't mind.

I left my hair out and curly, I lathered my butterscotch skin with lotion and sprayed perfume on my figure.

Cat helped with makeup and helped me pic out shoes.

I went with fuzzy top heels, a warm brown to match the tone of the dress. Cat applied light makeup onto my face and gloss to my lips, it was very Diana Ross. "Almost ready" I slipped on gold hoops that finished off my look as Cat tied her heels.

"Damn girl, you looking good tonight" she watched as I admired my appearance in the mirror. I remember when me and my cousin Tina played dress up, we'd use my mothers makeup and her clothes. It was all finally coming true, just without her.

"You think it's too much, maybe we'd be late?" I started to worry. Levi had said he'd meet with us at the club since the boys came to pick him up, and I felt all this for a club? It was
stupid.

"Girl calm down, we look hella hot and you can never go wrong with dressing up from time to time, we won't be late. I'm sure the club isn't packed yet" she swung her arms over my shoulder, holding me in her embrace.

-
"What happened to the club isn't packed yet?"
Cars and people flooded the streets, I guess we should've known that clubbing on a Saturday was very normal. Especially were we are. Cat held my hand as we shoved through crowds of people just to get in.

"I'm sure we can get in fast" we skipped to the front of the line.

People pushed and groaned. "Excuse me ladies, you cannot cut to the front of the line" the bouncer backed us away from the entrance. Great, now we're stuck with this crap. I knew the boys were waiting on us, it had been 20 minutes than the original time we said we'd be there.

"Sir, I don't think you know who we are" he chuckled. "You ain't famous I'll tell ya that" Cat fired with annoyance. She crossed her arms, I stood there hoping someone would save us. "You know what-" before Cat got to swinging on anyone, Fink appeared from behind the velvet rope.

"Hey Dan, there with me" Fink came to the rescue. He sighed, "Get ya asses back there" he unhitched the rope & led the way "Aww thanks Dan" Cat smiled.

Me and Cat followed Fink, we stood very close not wanting to loose each other in the oceans of people that smushed together. "Right this way" he pointed towards the VIP, my heart thumped. I'd never been in VIP before, this was all new.

Prince and Boni sat and talked from a distance, the rest of crew such as Sheila and Atlanta danced and sipped their drinks.

I caught Prince's vision. We stared for what felt like hours, but was truly only 12 seconds until Cat gripped my wrist. "Come" she led me up the stairs where everyone was seated. Prince couldn't keep his eyes off me, I was in a
trance.

But I snapped out, I knew why I was here and it wasn't for me, at least not in a romantic way.

Cat and I took our seats, Sheila and Atlanta were right next to us. My dress rolled up a bit when I sat, I tried to adjust, it was awkward when you had people looking at you. "Damn girls y'all look good" Miko complimented. I hadn't seen Levi yet, that was weird because he said he'd meet us here.

"Where's Levi?" I asked.

"He's with some girl near the bar" nodding, I arose from my seat. "Where ya going?" Cat darted her eyes to me "Just to find Levi. I'll be back don't worry" I winked signaling to her man crush.

Passing near Prince I could his eyes on me, they were like heavy blankets. Stepping down the stairs and trailing towards the bar I saw the back of Levi's hat, I knew his style. He seemed to be talking to someone. Figured it was some chick he picked up along the way "Hey L" I stepped closer, shouting over the music.

And there he was. With the bitch I didn't hope to see today, Vanessa.

She was like a mosquito, she never left him alone. "Oh hey G, you look beautiful" he hugged, Vanessa gave me a stare. I didn't bother to acknowledge her. "Can I talk to you for a second" Keeping secrets was something hated even more than Vanessa. I hated the feeling of hiding, since Levi had rescued me at my lowest and embarrassed I told myself to play it cool.

But I trusted him.

Pulling him to the side "What's up?" He drank a shot that was on the counter for him. "So you remember when we first met, we'll not met because it sorta hectic" he nodded "well there's something you should know, I can't keep it from you and you can decide how you feel about me after" my throat was dry.

My jaw tensed "Okay" he seemed invested "So, I'm a street worker and when you saw me that day I was on the job. Thankfully you helped me from dying but I also know Vanessa. She used to work with me, we don't like each other one bit" The clubs music shook the floor.

Levi placed his hands into his pockets.

"I know" he smirked.