All That Follows Is True

Mr Cheese inhaled deeply, taking in the cool autumn scent. He was on his porch, happy. A chill hand on his shoulder made him look back, and TheGentleman's softly smiling face greeted him. TheGentleman went around and sat down, quietly getting closer. "What are you doing out here by yourself? I looked all over for you."

"It's nice out," Mr Cheese smiled. "I like to go outside and sit, sometimes."

TheGentleman nodded. "Well, that's admirable. It's certainly worthwhile to take a break from video games from time to time," he chuckled.

"Acting like you don't play games as much as me," Mr Cheese playfully rolled his eyes.

"I never said that," TheGentleman gently responded. "I think it's a good thing, for the both of us."

"Well... teasing aside, you're right." Mr Cheese smiled. He nuzzled his face into TheGentleman's sleeve.

"As I often am," TheGentleman nodded cheekily. Mr Cheese smiled at that, TheGentleman able to tell from how his face and body felt against him.

"What's for dinner?" Mr Cheese asked after a moment.

TheGentleman thought. "I'm not sure. Perhaps spaghetti?"

Mr Cheese nodded approvingly. Along with the crisp, familiar fall aroma, Mr Cheese took in the scent of TheGentleman's jacket. He smelled like cologne and tea. Mr Cheese buried his face more.

"Can you breathe like that?" TheGentleman joked, looking down at the smaller's head nestled into his arm.

Mr Cheese nodded and looked up. "I like your smell."

TheGentleman blushed at the compliment. "Ah, well, thank you. Say, aren't you cold? You've not even a jacket on."

"I like to live dangerously," Mr Cheese smiled. "That, and I seriously feel fine like this."

"You don't have to prove anything," TheGentleman said, serious but still wearing a soft smile. "If you're cold, put a jacket on. It's not middle school anymore."

Mr Cheese shook his head. "I like how it feels at this temperature."

"Alright, dear," TheGentleman smiled more. Despite how close the two were, TheGentleman often got the feeling Mr Cheese still felt he had to prove himself. TheGentleman didn't want to make Mr Cheese feel uncomfortable, though, so he never brought it up directly. Just tried to show love and admiration as best he could- and there was a lot of love and admiration to be shown.

TheGentleman took a deep breath. "I'm going to go clean the windows."

"Alright," Mr Cheese smiled. "I'll start the pasta soon. Oh, and do you want a piece of garlic bread with it?"

TheGentleman took a moment to think before nodding. "Only one, thank you."

Mr Cheese nodded as TheGentleman got up, started to walk to the door, and then stopped suddenly. He turned around to look at Mr Cheese again.

"Are you going to come in?" TheGentleman offered.

Mr Cheese shook his head. "I want to stay out here for a bit more."

"Okay," TheGentleman said softly, coming closer to squeeze Mr Cheese's shoulder in a loving gesture before walking inside himself.

As TheGentleman went in, Cheddar trotted out. Mr Cheese greeted his dog and picked him up, putting the small dog on his lap.

Mr Cheese closed his eyes, feeling Cheddar's warm fur, for a moment more. When he felt ready, he stood up, still holding Cheddar, and walked inside, ready to cook the dinner him and TheGentleman would share.