The Beginning

-- Writers note from Nene --

Hello! It is confirmed already, this aeqing fanfiction will be 4 chapters! Here is a leak of the table of contents: 

Ch 1: The Beginning

Ch 2: Making friends is ... hard

Ch 3: Feeling Special

Ch 4: Good Morning, Teacup

--

There were two high-profile schools in contemporary Liyue. Jueyun University and Liyue Continental University. You would enter the Liyue Qixing and enjoy the highest esteem in Liyue if you graduated from any of them. It wasn't simple, of course, to get into any of these schools. You'd have to be of noble ancestry and have one of Liyue's highest grades. At Jueyun University, the lovely Keqing and the charming Ganyu were great friends.

"Have you read the school newspaper, Ganyu? As far as I'm aware, they are holding an election for the student government. I wonder... Will I meet anyone handsome at the election hall?" Keqing spoke.

"Oh dear Keqing, have you been dreaming of your imaginary prince again? You better quit dreaming of that soon, Keqing! We're already at university, and you've been wandering off in your mind since the third grade," Ganyu said.

"Don't be that way Ganyu..., I'm just trying to assert my dominance at the new university," Keqing stated.

"Oh sure..... That's definitely what you're gonna do," Ganyu joked.

As they rode towards the newly extended part of Liyue city or Lisha, they exchanged a few laughs and had a good time.

In the meantime, at Jueyun University...

Keqing heard a few shouts close as she approached the student government sign-up board. "Aether! Aether!!! Which of the following is a question that you should ask yourself: Because she was only a freshman, she was disgusted. She penned her name in the most polished calligraphy she had ever written, oblivious to the vast crowds in the vicinity. She didn't pay any attention to the blonde-haired beauty who stood next to her.

"Hello there, what must be the given birth name you hold?" Keqing asked formally.

"Aether, Why do you say?" Aether said.

"That's quite a lovely name, are you from around here?" Keqing asked.

"No."

She was astonished to learn that an outsider had been accepted to Jueyun University. Did he ever attend Liyue continental middle school, she wondered? Even then, he appeared to be quite interested in her, or so she believed. After a brief exchange of pleasantries, Ganyu walked towards her and led her to the Jueyun Elite Guild's new building.

"Have you heard of the Aristocrats' Guild of Jueyun?" says Keqing. "It's essentially a club for the wealthiest people in the world," Ganyu remarked.

"Are we going to apply there now?"

As she prodded Ganyu, Keqing rolled her eyes.

"No, I don't like that place at all."

Ganyu quips. "Good, since I don't fancy it either."

"No need, I'm perfectly fine living my rich life away from rich people. Say, have you heard of the new blonde-haired student? I think he likes me..." Keqing said.

Ganyu laughed so hard.

"Oh dear Keqing, why do you seek male validation? I find you quite interesting, hehe."

Keqing scoffed, "This is why I hate you sometimes... Let me dream for once, Ganyu."

"Sure, In your dreams."

They parted ways to go to their classrooms, as Ganyu was taking mathematics, and Keqing was taking physics.

When Keqing arrived in the room, her teacher, Ms. Qingzhou had told everyone to take a seat in their respective chairs. Keqing was given a red velvet seat, with pure gold legs. It was expected, as Keqing was from one of the richest families around. As she took her seat, the blonde-haired beauty from earlier was next to her, again.

Aether said, "I see, you are in my class again."

"Yes, Does that interest you?" Keqing asked.

"Not really. I just think it's nice."

Keqing, embarrassed, said, "I like that you find small details nice."

"I-I guess I do feel the same, Keqing."

After they were assigned as lab partners, she kept rethinking her decision to say that again and again. Was she deaf or something? She was embarrassed over a single sentence! She just hit her head on the table, concerning a few of the people there.

"Keqing, are you okay? You don't seem fine. Maybe Aether can help you go to the University clinic?" Ms. Qingzhou asked.

Keqing was about to say no, but she realized it was an opportunity to get Aether to say something nice about her. So obviously, she said yes.

As Keqing walked along with the porcelain tiles of the halls, she asked Aether.

"Aether, do you have any plans today? We could study at the library if you want."

Right there, Aether froze in motion. He didn't know what to do; He loved the attention he got, but he certainly liked Keqing. Though, as to not overthink...

"I have nothing planned, though would you like to go to the festival instead? It ends today, and the fireworks are tonight as well," Aether whispered.

"That would be lovely, but I'll check my plans. As soon as I can confirm that there are no Qixing internship meetings, I'll immediately tell you."

"Wait, you're an intern for the Liyue Qixing? How lucky you must be! May I ask, what position are you lined up for? If you don't mind..." Aether asked.

"I'm sure you're interested in the Liyue Tianshu position... But yes, I am an intern. They lined me up for the Yuheng position, due to my aristocratic dignity. "

Aether was in awe, as he knew the long history of the Yuhengs who took that place. They were all treated like Princesses, and he loved that.

"Must I not be rude, are we going to the clinic or the exit? I think you're quite lost, Aether."

Aether was shot back to reality and hurriedly brought her to the clinic.

Once they got back, Biology class was done, and it was lunch. Oh dear, how puzzled and afraid Keqing was!

As she went to get her Michelin-star lunch, she went to Ganyu's lunch table. It appears that she has made some friends too.

"Ganyu, May I ask who these people are?" Keqing scoffed, thinking Ganyu was betraying her.

"Chillax Keqing, these are Hu Tao and Chongyun. They are teenagers in the Jueyun Guild of Aristocrats," Ganyu said.

"These two seem interesting. Must I ask, how did you know about them?"

Ganyu said, "Obviously I met them! They're nice and have quirky personalities. Shouldn't you be looking for friends too, Keqing?"

"I already have one... I'm good with Auntie Ningguang and my friend. No need to worry about me, Ganyu."

Ganyu started chewing on her fried rice and noodles while murmuring "If you say so..."

Deep down inside, Keqing felt lonely. She couldn't make friends, because her "Aristocracy" said otherwise. Even if she was going to live a happy and successful life as the Yuheng, she didn't know. Was this really what she wanted? Did she have to go to Jueyun University? Even so, she continued to act like the prim princess she was and hoped she'd make an acquaintance or two. Motivated to make a friend, she finished her meal and walked towards another student.

– End of Chapter 1 –