16

i was forced to wake up to reality but that's not all, the ability... it's suffocating.

it's suffocating....

it's suffocating....

im drowning....

it's hurt....

am i going to die?
am i dying?

what is this ability?

what is it that force me to wake up....

and chokes me until im out of breath...

i struggle to breath as i try to fight the force on my neck. i put both of my hand trying to push away the force, as weird as it sound but i can't do anything.

i tried to stand up and get out of the room but my head is hurting, my knees are weakening, my vision is blurry.

satoru...

"help...me...

sa..to..ru.."

is all i can say before i fell on the ground, slowly drifting to the world of unconscious. the last thing i saw was the medic staff rushing towards me trying to catch my fallen body.

satoru's pov

why am i even here? in this boring meeting?
i got it, we were attacked by the s grade curse but sayuri is my priority right now.

what if anything happen to her??

i let out a big sigh unconsciously, averting everyone's attention to me.

"satoru, are you listening or not?" the old man asked, out of patience.

"nope" i smirk.

"...." the silence is too loud. the old man stand up and try to hit me with his wooden crutch.

"wait, principal gakukanji" yaga stopped the old man and calm him down before turning to me with a look of disapproval.

he takes a long breath before asking me

"so, where is sayuri? why is she not here? i thought i told you to bring her to this meeting?"

this three questions ticks me off. it annoys me. it anger me.

but before i could answer the old man add

"satoru, I told you that starting from last month sayuri will join us for all of our meeting. she'll receive direct order from us elderly. if you refuse you know we can--"

i cut him off with the most annoyed tone ever.

"you will what?
you'll use her to your advantage and take   
control of me in the same time?
and i thought I've told you guys so many       
times from the start already that, sayuri      will not get involved with you guys, higher up.
oh and for you to think you'll easily use her is funny.
and is unwise" 

i stand up to leave, glaring at gakukanji.

"anyway....if you ever touch her,
I'll kill you"

i teleport right outside of shoko's office, but i stay outside to clean my mind.

i shouldn't come inside... it'll makes it harder to concentrate..

i sit on a bench near the office, trying to calm myself.

did i overdo it?
what if they got angrier and decided to kidnap sayuri or smth?

sayuri is strong, she's the strongest after you. remember?

i know she's strong, but still... she's fragile, she  got hurted so many times and I don't want anything to happen to her anymore. not even a possibility of her hurting.

don't you trust her, satoru? she'll get hurt by the fact that you treat her as if she's weak and need protection from you.

it's not a matter of weak or strong.
i just want to protect her.
i just want her to be okay.
im just protecting my woman.

i click my tongue, frustrated. if anyone really got sayuri, im done for.

i snap out of my thought when I heard a loud noise from the office. things are falling, scattering all over the place as if there's a fight in there. soon after that, two medic staff rush in just to see sayuri collapsing.

my eyes widened out of shock as i saw her lips mumbling my name.

i rush towards her, catching her in my hand right before her head meets the floor.

"sayuri??
what happened??
hey, wake up!!"

i shake her small body, hoping that makes she open her eyes but nonetheless she stays asleep.

i quickly carry her bridal style and bring her to shoko.

please, be alright..
sayuri...

sayuri's pov

i open my eyes looking for a light to show me the way but all i can see is darkness.

i stood there helplessly, not knowing where am i or what to do.

but then a voice echoes all over the place..

"you're still soft huh...guess we're still friend"

that voice... it's belong to him..
why am i hearing his voice again?

"you saw my death twice huh..yuri"

i saw your death...twice
no, I've saw them more than everyone ever.
in my sleep, that's all i could see.

it haunted me, i feel guilty.

"i could've save him!! i... should've save him"

i saw my past self, crying as hard as i could, kneeling in front of satoru and shoko.

then, that memory play out in front of me.

"that's not true...this is not going to happen, my eyes must be wrong"

that was what i said, when i first saw it.
but then, it happened.

and ever since that day, i learned that my eyes has never been wrong. it never lies.

and ever since that day too, i am afraid of my own power.

"sayuri...."

huh? what is this? whose voice is that?
it feels warm and loving.

i frantically search for the voice owner until i feel a hand on my cheeks, caressing it.

"please wake up"

i open my eyes wide while searching for air just to meet with satoru's concern one. he's holding me with his hand, sort of hugging me.

a tear slipped from my eyes as my hand reach out for the back of his neck, closing the gap between us.

my lips reaching his.
his lips reacting to mine.

we both just forget everything and don't give a damn about it. we're just too engrossed in the feeling.

the long soft kiss makes us feel alive again.