𝐈𝐈

episode 2, season 1
— showmance

"say a little
prayer"

"no finn, now leave me alone." valerie said closing her locker and walking away growing agitated. "come on val! you said it yourself, "it looked so much fun", you know you want to join so do it!" finn said following her down the hall. she was seriously regretting telling him what she thought about the glee club. "i have a reputation and a status to keep up, i have no time for glee. now bye, and tell mike and matt that their books are in my locker." she says walking into her history class hearing a groan from finn.

as valerie settled into her history class the weirdest thing happened, rachel berry sat next to her. she knew they had a class together, but they never spoke or sat near each other. "what do you want?" valerie questioned not looking at the girl but instead focusing on her neatly organized notebook in front of her. at a young age, valerie was diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder, or for short, OCD. everything had to be clean and in a certain order, she remembers once when she and santana were 11, valerie had organized all the shoes by their front door, and santana being her usual self, even at the age of 11, kicked some of the shoes out of place. valerie had a full breakdown which led santana to fixing the shoes as they once were. this disorder didn't change much in her life or the people around her. although, she was occasionally called "neat freak" and "crazy val" by some of the jocks, and even if she dismissed the names, they kind of hurt. she wasn't crazy, she just had to have things in a specific order, and she had to follow a specific routine. and if things didn't go correctly, she would have a break down as her heart rate goes up.

"finn says you enjoyed our performance of dont stop believing, are you interested in joining the glee club?" rachel asked. valerie rolled her eyes, of course he said something. "be honest with yourself kermit, do i look like someone who would join a singing club. and with you of all people?" rachel frowned at the nickname which valerie chose to ignore. "i just... i thought-" valerie turned towards her cutting her off. "can you stop speaking, im trying to focus." valerie groaned. rachel only nodded in response turning her attention towards their teacher. val thought maybe she was being too hard on rachel, but then again why should she care. she didn't like the loud mouthed-wannabe-broadway star girl anyways.

v.l.

"the celibacy club is now in session. thanks to a school rule that' says we have to let anyone join the club, we're welcoming a new member this week rachel what's-her name." quinn said obviously displeased that rachel had joined. valerie didn't understand the point of celibacy club being a cheerio and football player thing, most of them had already lost their virginities. valerie lost hers to matt, it was a nice experience, but she didn't think she'd be doing it again any time soon. santana and val sat on either side of quinn, with brittany next to santana. "where are all the boys?" rachel asked to which quinn responded, "down the hall, first half hour we separate, then we come together to share our faith." valerie never understood why that was, it takes up time. "everyone up!" quinn says as she stands up, all the cheerios and rachel following along. the cheerios form something like a semi circle around quinn, valerie, and santana. "girls, spin." quinn requested looking at the twin sisters. they do as told, getting in the middle of the semi circle and spinning, their skirts flying up as they do so. rachel watched valerie spin and was slightly intrigued, she thought valerie had a nice body and that the cheerios uniform had fit her oh so nicely. "god bless the perv that invented these." quinn said watching the skirts, "remember the power motto girls," she starts to say. "it's all about the teasing and not about the pleasing." the whole group said together. and as the girls started "breaking down" and "twerking", valerie made her way over to rachel who was sat on a table alone.