FORTY

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

When my eyes flutter open after having one of the best night's sleep of my life, I exhale a sigh of relief when I glance up at Kassian, his arms wrapped around my body tightly

When my eyes flutter open after having one of the best night's sleep of my life, I exhale a sigh of relief when I glance up at Kassian, his arms wrapped around my body tightly. The both of us twisted in his sheets, his warm and homely scent making me feel safe and secure.

I hum in approval and nuzzle my face into the crook of his neck, inhaling deeply as I press my hand to his bare shoulder. My fingertips dancing along the edge of his shoulder bone and down his bicep.

"Good morning my love," Kassian's sleepy voice sent a shiver down my spine.

My lips curve into an instant smile. "Good morning," I say, I stretch out my legs and tilt my head backwards.

Our eyes find each others and Kassian's raises his hand to brush my brunette hair out of my eyes before resting his palm on the edge of my jaw.

His skin against mine made my heart race, almost unable to catch my breath. Every inch of my body heating up and allowing a warm presence inside the pit of my stomach, a glowing light that made my heart beam with love and acceptance.

"Mmmm," I say before closing my eyes, enjoying Kassian's fingers against the skin on my cheek. "I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to that feeling."

"Me either," he agrees. "It sure is one of a kind."

I grin and open my eyes as Kassian pulls me impossibly closer to him, our noses just about graze. My body erupting into an innocence of pleasure, I had no idea the bond could make me feel like a lovesick teenager.

Considering I had broken the curse and adopted a bond, I have to say that life is mighty fine right now.

I could breathe without wanting to snap at someone or break their leg. My body felt like it had patience for the first time in my life, I had empathy, I had good judgement.

No one could understand how happy I was to have my body back, my thoughts and my personality. The curse made me into someone I despised because I was annoying and erratic. Yet now I felt refreshed, like my whole body hit the reset button and I was as good as new.

Perfect timing to spend quality time with my mate as me and not what the curse was making me to be.

"What are you thinking about?" Kassian asks gently as he drops his hand from my cheek to the back of my neck.

"Just thinking about how perfect my life has turned out," I exhale with a bright smile. "I don't think I could have asked for a better outcome."

"Regardless of the fact you scared the shit out of me," Kassian tuts before giving me a look to say he was messing. "I agree, The Moon Goddess really must have been on our side."

My head nods quickly. "Oh she knew what she was doing alright." I laugh before leaning forward to press a kiss against his pillowy lips. "Nella and Hope want to take me out for a girly day today."