Apple Collecting!!

It had always been difficult for Froze to express her true feelings with people. Her cold and sensible personality was what most of her friends had grown used to over the years, and although she wasn't the most expressive and lively friend, they treated her with kindness and didn't push her boundaries. Froze was grateful for them. In fact, Froze was grateful for everything that she had received in her lifetime. Her friends, her home, her very own wellbeing; Froze adored all of these things.

Since the invasion from otherwordly visitors about a month ago, Froze had been on edge. Knowing that all of the things dear to her could be taken away in such a small amount of time absolutely terrified her, and the thought of it happening a second time crept in the back of her mind. All of these troubling thoughts had been clouding her mind as of recently. Although she wouldn't admit it out loud, sometimes the angel wished that she had the impulsive and carefree personality of her best friend, Yosafire.

Froze admired Yosafire. A lot. Despite how irritated she would get with her sometimes, Froze loved her dearly. She loved Yosafire so much that she couldn't even put how much she did into words. Her love for her felt so strong, and after the events that happened during the invasion, Froze's love for her demon friend had only grown more intense. She knew that their feelings were mutual as Yosafire had expressed her undying love for Froze many times before in an energetic and over-the-top way. The only thing preventing them from being an actual thing was Froze herself.

While Froze wanted to be with Yosafire in that way, she didn't know how to go about confronting the situation. Whenever she imagined herself being honest about her feelings towards the demon, she felt her face start to heat up and would immediately shut down her fantasy out of embarrassment. If just imagining it was hard, then Froze was sure actually confessing to Yosafire would be even more difficult. But putting aside her feelings of uncertainty, Froze knew that it would be worth it. She just needed to find it within herself to make a move. If not sometime soon, then when would she do it? Surely it would be a while until Froze felt confident enough to be open about these feelings, so now would be the best time to.

--

The summer sun shone onto Froze and Yosafire as they plucked freshly grown apples off branches of the trees in Apple Park. Dialo had requested that the two retrieve a bunch in order for her to bake another one of her delicious apple pies. Yosafire, being the foodie she is, immediately accepted the request and pulled Froze along with her to gather some fruits for the baked treat. The two friends had been collecting apples, Yosafire happily chatting about things that had happened to her as of recently, while Froze quietly listened. The cheerful demon skipped along happily as she spoke, a large and growing pile of apples resting in her arms. It bewildered Froze how Yosafire could carry so many apples with that small frame of hers.

"I've got about 25 apples here!" Yosafire proudly exclaimed, "What about you Froze? How many did you get?"

Froze glanced down at the group of apples in her arms, to Yosafire's group, and then back to hers again. "Seven," She replied blankly.

"Cool! I think this should be enough for Dialo, don't you think so? Or maybe we should get more... you never know, something incredibly dangerous could happen to her stash, and then we'd have to go and grab more again!" Yosafire gasped, "What if a group of caterpillars broke into Dialo and Chelan's house and ate all of the apples?! That would be so, so terrible."

Froze stared over at Yosafire, baffled by the other girl's wild imagination. "What?" She asked, raising a brow in confusion.

"You heard me," Yosafire hummed in response. "After everything that's happened, I think that just about anything is possible now."

The serious angel remained silent for a few seconds before speaking again, "Well... true. But I don't think something as absurd as that would happen."

"Ehehe, well ya never know!" The cheerful demon beside her exclaimed.

Now that more than enough apples had been collected, Froze and Yosafire continued their walk, taking in the beautiful sights of nature around them. It was a quiet day. Nothing notable had happened lately, but that wasn't so bad. After the invasion, some peace and quiet was certainly a good thing. Their previous conversation had been followed by many more playful banters between the two and they would once again arrive at Dialo and Chelan's house in no time at all.

Well, it was now or never.

"...Yosafire?" Froze began to speak, attempting to muster up all of the courage she could. Yosafire would never berate or genuinely make fun of Froze for anything, so Froze wasn't concerned about that. After all, she was ninety-nine percent sure that Yosaf felt the same way. No, not even ninety-nine. She was a hundred percent sure that Yosafire felt the same way she did. All Froze was having trouble with was explicitly saying it out loud.

"Hmm?" Yosafire responded, glancing over at her dear friend. "What's up Froze?"

Taking a deep breath, Froze opened her mouth to speak, but before she could do that, Yosafire had found herself tripping over a stray caterpillar in the middle of the path. Not wanting to see her best friend fall flat onto her face, Froze managed to carry all of her apples in one arm while attempting to catch Yosafire with her other one. Unfortunately for Froze, instead of falling forward, the clumsy demon fell back towards the angel. "Wahhh!" Yosafire yelled, flailing her arms in the air, dropping her collection of apples in the process while also falling onto Froze. "Yosaf!" Froze exclaimed in frustration as the two hit the ground.

The sound of birds happily chirping away was the only thing that could be heard as the two friends lay on the ground next to each other. Froze groaned, pushing herself up with one hand while massaging her aching head with the other. An empty silence stretched between the two, and once Froze turned to check on Yosafire, the demon immediately broke out into a fit of giggles.

"Hahaha, that hurt a lot!" Yosafire laughed, picking up her red glasses that had fallen a few seconds ago and gently placing them back onto her face. A goofy grin had painted her face as she looked at her best friend sitting beside her. "Sorry about that Frozy," Yosafire apologized through giggles. Although she was laughing, Froze could tell that she really meant it.

Froze shook her head, "It's fine... don't worry about it. Just be careful next time you klutz." She was glad that despite the heavy fall, Yosafire was okay and still smiling. On the other hand, she was a bit irked at how a potential confession moment was ruined. But alas, more moments would certainly come in the future, so there was no need to get worked up about it. This just gave her more time to really think things through.

Realizing that they had been out way longer than they intended to, Yosafire and Froze collected the apples that had fallen onto the ground and hurried back to Dialo and Chelan's place.