47. His or Her honor?

"He was about to kill my son, Lorenzo! Why didn't you warn us about it? Why didn't you tell me that Ms. Bennet is his real mate?" Mr. Windsor's voice held rage as well as dread. 

Duke Lorenzo was astounded by his vivid accusation. He gulped and answered, "I had not felt the need to. I was not sure about the closeness between Lady Ariana and Sean."

"Regardless!" Duchess Lily snapped. "You should have taught your son better than to even think of pursuing a werewolf, Sylvester as it is not unknown of us werewolves being blessed with our soulmates since birth."

"There is nothing between them." Vanity Windsor intervened. 

Duchess Lily turned towards her at once and eyed her to inspect the truthfulness of her words. After a moment of painful silence, she raised her head high and declared, "There better not be, Vanity. If something like today occurs one more time, Xavier will- "

"- His Majesty will have to restrain himself, Duchess." Alpha Nathaniel entered. "Like I did. Like Ariana did. When we had to see our respective mates choose someone else."

Duchess Lily glared at him fiercely. "Others may be weak and powerless enough to let someone else snatch away their mates, Alpha. But not the Alpha King."

"Oh-" Alpha Nathaniel mocked. "I would definitely let Ariana know that you think she is weak and powerless, Duchess."

Duchess Lily scoffed. "Twist my words all you want, Alpha."

"I do not have any spare time to do so. Your Highness is giving too much importance to her own words. It is Ariana who has the final say anyway."

"You are wrong, my Lord. It is His Majesty who has the final say." Duchess replied.

"Right. After all, we all saw how dominating His Majesty was with Saoirse a few moment ago." 

 Alpha Nathaniel smiled in a way which irked Duchess Lily to her core. She left the room fuming, followed by Duke Lorenzo.

Nate turned towards Mr. and Mrs. Windsor to see them distressed. "Do not worry about Sean. I will protect him with my life." He assured.

Vanity Windsor's watery eyes flickered towards him with hope while Sylvester Windsor nodded at him, showing his gratitude. 

Just then, the Bennets flocked inside the room. They all didn't seem calm either. 

"Nate. How is she?" asked Luna Barbara with concern. "Take us to her. I beg of you."

"She is alright now. But she will still be in her wolf form for some days. Sean has gone to bring Dr. Howard here and assist him. He knows more about this than we do." It was Mr. Windsor who answered.

"We have to see her." said Alpha Edward looking at Nate.

"She is in the Imperial Wing. No one can enter without His Majesty's permission. There is nothing I can do right now." Nate informed. 

All of their attention diverted towards the door through which Sean entered. 

"You brought Dr. Howard and her medicines?" Nate asked.

Sean nodded yes. 

The Bennets were looking at him keenly. This was the boy for whom Ariana had risked hurting her own mate as well as her life. What was so special about him compared to the Alpha King?

"Neither his features nor his status. So why is she being such a big fool?" Persephone thought.

"Can we see her?" Sean tried hard to control his voice but it came out as a plea anyway.