Stuck Like Glue - Part Seven

______________

It didn't take long until I had lost count of how many times I checked my bedroom window.

My fingers nervously fiddled with the latch, trembling against it's cheap plastic as I looked again and again to see if it really was locked after all. I tried to force the pane open, not surprised to find that it didn't budge. Nonetheless, no matter how secure it may have seemed, it still didn't make feel any safer. The damage was already done. Every noise outside was making me jump; causing my heart to pound so hard that I could hear it's loud thumping ringing through my ears. Passing cars, neighbors talking through the thin walls... It all was putting me on edge. I was overreacting over the slightest things; things that a normal person would easily overlook. I just couldn't calm myself down.

I paced around my bedroom in circles, hands clasped onto my arms and my lip gently quivering. My mind was an absolutely mess; too jumbled to form any rational thoughts. What was somebody supposed to do in a situation like this?My first idea when I got back to my apartment was to talk to Lucy; the only person I figured could really help on a personal level. I knew for a fact she had her fair share of stalkers in the past. She was a pretty girl, after all... and sometimes the men she spent the night with just didn't want to let that go. If anybody knew what to do here, it would be her.

But, of course... Lucy still wasn't back yet. It wasn't unheard of for her to dissapear for a few days at at time. In all honesty, I'd even consider it to be 'normal'. She'd crash at some guy's house after a night of bar hopping, milk him dry for all he was worth, then skedaddle back on home. That was the fabulous life she lived... How lucky for me right now.

I picked up my cellphone, beginning to scroll through my very small list of contacts. Lucy and TK were favorited at the top. Below them, some coworkers from Dad's and distant friends in my hometown. My pointer finger hovered over TK's name, shaking softly as I debated on what I should do next. While my mind began to wander, my eyes slowly fell onto their contact picture. It was a photo of them in the Diner, covered in ketchup and posing like Rose from 'Titanic' on an empty table. They had a milkshake straw between their teeth to resemble a flower, trying their very hardest to look sexy for the camera. It was one of those slow days at Dad's; where the restaurant was completely empty and we had nothing to do but goof off. I could almost smile at the memory.

Those were the moments that made that job worth keeping.

But, after a few short seconds of blissful reminiscing, I was forced to come back to the present. I needed to focus on the whole reason why I was considering calling them in the first place. TK was my best friend in this city without a shadow of a doubt. They would help me if I asked, I just know they would. But, if I called them... Would I be putting them in danger, as well? Would it just make matters worse dragging somebody else into my problems?

Or would it be the answer to my desperate plee for help?

I exhaled a shaky breath, and hit the call icon. I just needed to talk to somebody. At this point, it didn't really matter who. Being alone with just my thoughts was driving me crazy, and I couldn't take it anymore.

After only a few short rings, TK answered the phone with a groggy 'hello?'.

"TK..." I mumbled with a relieved sigh, clutching my phone tightly to my ear, "I... I didn't know if you'd answer or not. It's kind of late, I'm sorry if I woke you up..."